NON: Reading

I’m with you on the state of football and the irresponsibility of owners, the one sided implementation of FPP rules and the fact that the only people that ever suffer are the fans but…. It’s Reading ‘we’ll never play you again’ their fans sang and Southampton. Happy for the former to disappear and the latter not get promotion!
I'll be happy if Southampton didn't get promoted, but would never like another team to disappear. Not sure what reading have done to us, some banter against the away end, happens in most games. Quire funny really considering we're 2 divisions above them.

I drove all the way to Newcastle only for the game to be called off after about 10 minutes The replay was fun, though.
17 minutes of fog.

I must be unlucky as I was at that game, and also the Luton game that didn’t happen.

Edited to add. Also was at the Manchester game, that didn’t happen.

I know it’s made me realise I’m from a different generation reading this board today.

People in favour of helping Southampton get promoted and other people feeling sorry for Reading

Beginning to think people singing the song about Brighton, Reading, Pompey and scummers don’t mean it anymore…

Changed days…. Fuck them both as far as I’m concerned.
I’m with you on the state of football and the irresponsibility of owners, the one sided implementation of FPP rules and the fact that the only people that ever suffer are the fans but…. It’s Reading ‘we’ll never play you again’ their fans sang and Southampton. Happy for the former to disappear and the latter not get promotion!
IF the only reason you have such hatred for a club and it's fans is just because they once chanted "we'll never play you again" and "who's the w@nker...." at you I would say you are being a tad too sensitive.

Going back a good few years when we were in the lower leagues with them, always thought at that time they were similar to our club fan number wise.

Remember one home game when Ken Bailey was walking around the Dean Court pitch in all his regalia and an older Reading mascot had his colours on walking around with him.

The two clubs were in the same leagues from the 1930’s right through to the the 1969-70 season, with a gap during the Second World War.

Fecking Newcastle away !! And didn’t go back for the first ever FA cup penalty shootout … it was feckin foggy tbf

Ipswich away in the cup was called off late. We were in a pub about 10 miles away and one of the locals told us. Bright sunny day but some of the pitch was frost bound. Pain in the **************** place to get to.

17 minutes of fog.

I must be unlucky as I was at that game, and also the Luton game that didn’t happen.

Edited to add. Also was at the Manchester game, that didn’t happen.
Remember at the first Newcastle game that was 'foged off' that we chanted "We can see you referee!" - even though we couldn't when he was in the other half of the pitch! Lol!

IF the only reason you have such hatred for a club and it's fans is just because they once chanted "we'll never play you again" and "who's the w@nker...." at you I would say you are being a tad too sensitive.
It’s not the only reason. Loads of beef back in the day. There’s a reason we still sing about it when we have more rivalry now with Chelsea.

Like I say… it might be a generational thing.

I got hit on the left wrist by a half-brick thrown by Reading fans at Elm Park. I picked it up and took it to a couple of plod stood nearby.

"I've just been hit by this"

"did you see who threw it?"

"No, if I'd seen it coming I'd have got out of the way"

"What do you expect us to do about it?"

"Dispose of it safely!?"

"We don't want it"

"Right. I will leave it by your feet - if it gets thrown and hits somebody else, it's on you"

Always had downer on Reading ever since - plus changing the nickname - tossers!

Yep tossers, apt word. I remember one game when a load of skinheads ran across the pitch with their big lolloping DM's to have a go at our lot in the seats. The rest of us were on the terrace behind a fence dodging coins. Plenty of tit for tat run in's back in the day. There's something almost Brighton-esque about their fanbase, a degree of entitlement.

Ipswich away in the cup was called off late. We were in a pub about 10 miles away and one of the locals told us. Bright sunny day but some of the pitch was frost bound. Pain in the **************** place to get to.

We managed to divert down to West Ham V Wrexham, we must have been up towards Chelmsford when we heard it was off. Pay on the gate, talk cockney and give the sheep shaggers some grief so far from a wasted trip.

It’s not the only reason. Loads of beef back in the day. There’s a reason we still sing about it when we have more rivalry now with Chelsea.

Like I say… it might be a generational thing.
You certainly had to run the gauntlet back in the 80’s.

We got to Portman Road. And then drove down to Upton Park to try and see some football. Got within about ten feet of the turnstiles before they said, "Sorry, we're full up!"

;