Non - Remember back in the day

USCherry

UTC Legend
The thread on albums you regret you bought got me thinking of the time I had a sinclair spectrum and discovered that games could be copied on a two tape deck. I don't think it was common knowledge, or at least my local news agents didn't know, as I returned games there that "didn't work" and swapped for another game every now and then. Of course, sometimes games really didn't work so it wasn't that unheard of. There was a rugby game I really wanted but it never worked. You would wait hours for it to load with all the screeches and buzzes only for it to go silent and the colours to just flash.

Anywho, just another thread to clog up the non non's

Interest in the spectrum still going strong

This reminds me of magazines that would publish code to create programs. We had a Vic 20 back in the day and I remember my dad following the code (like a knitting pattern) to create a black jack game. Of course not knowing code when you get the “syntax error at line 3” didn’t mean that line 3 was the problem!! It was an exercise in visually checking that we had typed the code correctly. Seems an age away now.

;