NON: Ringwood A31 closures

No can do, there might be lizards or frogs living there. The Greens would be up in arms! A lump of frog spawn would create a delay to any work whilst investigated. Oh and can't forget the newts.

fück the wildlife - get some more tarmac down.
Whats it like still living in the 1970’s?

(sorry for the late moan - but only just seen this nonsense)

fück the wildlife - get some more tarmac down.
Whats it like still living in the 1970’s?

(sorry for the late moan - but only just seen this nonsense)
Wow..this has dragged up the past ! I was being massively sarcastic when I posted this. I was remembering the huge delay when the work was done all those years ago being hugely delayed because of some newts. Incredulous !

I worked in Ringwood in the 1980’s. Nobody I spoke to at the time could understand why they made eastbound 4 lanes and westbound 2. It would have made sense at the time to make it 3 lanes from the Ringwood on slip, but the planners always know best!!?
Justthink how much money they are spending on it now.
On a related subject the A31 should have been made dual carriageway from Ferndown to Merley, but again the planners knew best

I worked in Ringwood in the 1980’s. Nobody I spoke to at the time could understand why they made eastbound 4 lanes and westbound 2. It would have made sense at the time to make it 3 lanes from the Ringwood on slip, but the planners always know best!!?
Justthink how much money they are spending on it now.
On a related subject the A31 should have been made dual carriageway from Ferndown to Merley, but again the planners knew best

there should be to help the west develop business, there should be a dual carriageway or motorway going all the way to the m5, but knowing the council they may put in a nice cycle lane

You'd think the 2 pictures (entry and exit) with time stamps would be enough to verify the violations manually?

If I was a gambling man I'd say the most likely reason for false hits would be clock synchronization issues depending on the distance between the cameras. If the cameras are set at 55mph for flagging a violation it's about 5 seconds per mile between that an 50mph or 30 seconds over 5 miles

Sadly wasn't early enough to save me a 1hr 40 minute journey back to Poole from Southampton on Wednesday, but glad its to be re-opened and ahead of schedule

;