Non RIP Terry Hall

The first 2 albums were brilliant. Recall them playing here when gangsters AKA came out. Small venue, the Outlook. Couldn't get a ticket. Finally saw them on the 2tone tour at the Lyceum in 1980(?). Terrific night. Heavy manners.

Latterly he joined with Africa Express at Glastonbury the first year of the Park Stage. Him and Horace Gentleman (I think). That was his first public appearance for a long time and triggered the specials reunion.

A special band and an ionic front man.

Whenever I hear his name reminds me of Enjoy Yourself.
Wish I had stuck to that mantra through the years.

Loved his music. Heard an interview with him on Six Music a short while ago and despite his often dour appearance on stage, he was charming and witty. RIP.

Absolutely gutted to hear this news. ‘More Specials’ was the first album I ever bought when I was 12. Didn’t have a record player so got it on cassette and listened to it continuously until I bought another one, some fantastic lyrics. Thank you Terry and the rest of the Specials for the soundtrack to my early teens. RIP

A genuinely decent man and the life force of some brilliant music. Loved the whole two tone ska vibe. I was fortunate to see the Specials three times and every gig was one to remember. A terrifically sad loss at such a young age. He has left a lovely legacy though. RIP.

;