Non- Rock's Greatest Generation .... and the next one.

And what about Noddy Holder and the rest of Slade? Part of the early glam rock scene, first band I ever saw

Just looked him up, he's now 76,

As a young kid who had no interest in music even I can remember the furore he caused with my older siblings after he appeared on Top of the Pops. Became a well known dance DJ in the 90s. Pretty sure I was at a few clubs he was DJing at.

I was more about the next period in music. The first cd I ever bought was St Etienne - So Tough, bizarrely a couple of months before I had a cd player. I was a latecomer to music and that would have been the first music I would associate with me.

Jeez guys, good chat and all that but rather than thinking about which music legend is going to be next to pop their clogs haven’t we got enough to be depressed about at the moment with our football team?! :oops::oops:

Jeez guys, good chat and all that but rather than thinking about which music legend is going to be next to pop their clogs haven’t we got enough to be depressed about at the moment with our football team?! :oops::oops:
Economy, interest rates, climate, Russia-Ukraine, China, Iran, domestic politics ........ can never have too many things to be depressed about ..............

S
With every passing month, Father Time picks off another legendary rock performer ……… people who invented the genre and carried on touring and making new music for 50+ years. It’s heartbreaking, and we are going to see more of it in the coming years. Over age 75:
Dylan, Paul Simon, Paul and Ringo, Brain May, Jimmy Page, Debbie Harry, David Gilmour, Roger Waters, Dion. Daltrey and Townsend, Rod Stewart, Clapton, Ray Davies, Boz Scaggs. Mick and Keith. Brian Wilson. David Crosbie, Neil Young, Graham Nash and Steve Stills. Ozzie!!

Relative youngsters (age 70-75) include Bruce, Little Steven, Roger Taylor, Robert Plant, Billy Joel, Stevie Nicks, Chrissie Hynde, Jackson Browne, James Taylor, Don Henley and Joe Walsh. Mark Knopfler. Elton John. The Toxic Twins (Joe Perry and Stephen Tyler). Sting.

Have probably missed a few. But what a line-up, and we are lucky to still have them with us. And once they are gone, we will have their genius in the form of their work, which will sustain us until we join them at that huge gig in the sky.

But all this got to me thinking about the next generation. Game-changers who have been around for 25-30 years or so, in their late 50’s or 60s, still working. It feels like a short list.

Bono and Edge, Axl, Slash and Duff, the guys from Green Day, Eddie Vedder. Garth Brooks. James Hetfield. The Chilis. Jon Bon Jovi. Wish we could have added Chris Cornell and Scott Weiland.

But surely I am missing some great ones? The next generation seems like a sad legacy of those that went before.

Sentiment stolen from the BBC.

I think that Steve Harris and Bruce Dickinson from Iron Maiden should be on the list. Both in their 60s and have been around for ages and inspired generations of bands.

;