Non - Sajid Javid Resigns

As the TV journalist just said. Johnson is great at jingoistic soundbites and saying the crap that people want to hear but when it comes to governing he is weak and incompetent.

No he's not. Cummings is throwing his weight around. Johnson probably had to ask him permission to stay on as PM.

You carry on as if no other prime minister has ever had special advisors. You'll never have a situation where these people don't have the ear of whoever is PM. If people didn't want Cummings they wouldn't have voted for Johnson. Unfortunately they did.

You carry on as if no other prime minister has ever had special advisors. You'll never have a situation where these people don't have the ear of whoever is PM. If people didn't want Cummings they wouldn't have voted for Johnson. Unfortunately they did.
I agree with what you are saying all Pm's and Cabinet Ministers have advisers...but to say that that if people didn't want Cummings they shouldn't have voted Tory is crass in the extreme...

I agree with what you are saying all Pm's and Cabinet Ministers have advisers...but to say that that if people didn't want Cummings they shouldn't have voted Tory is crass in the extreme...

How? If Cummings was such a problem for people they wouldn't have voted for them. It's not like nobody knew the bloke was Johnson's advisor during the election.

The antics of the likes of Campbell and Mandelson, pulling strings from the shadows, became so famous they inspired multiple works of political satire and fiction over the years. Cummings should be so lucky...

Because its not necessarily an either/or decision.

But this is people moaning that Johnson has advisors who influence his decisions. Do they think there is a scenario where this wouldn't be the case?

All prime ministers have advisors and this one was very well know at the time of the election - same as Alistair Campbell.

At the end of the day Johnson can sack Cummings, Cummings can't sack Johnson.

Fwiw this is probably because Cummings/Johnson are probably planning on spanking loads on infrastructure projects to take the wind out of any future labour policies in this area. Javid wouldn't have it so they forced him out.

Good grief, Derek, most of the people who voted for Johnson were mugs who wanted Brexit. I suspect the vast majority of them still don’t know who Cummings is.

Your stated opinion isn’t worth much tbh. Childish nonsense at best. Have you anything in your armoury other than insulting people who vote differently to you?

They probably don't care... because it doesn't matter. Their guy, with his advisors is in number 10 whether you or I like it or not.

;