Non: Sala, Cardiff and Nantes

Don't pretty much all new stories have a 'human cost'?

There's nothing salacious in covering Cardiff's fight over the Sala money. It's an event happening in the real world and the public are very much interested. The family are no doubt aware and I'd expect they're better off knowing about the club's owners thinking.

Censorship of the press is a dark road to even look at, let alone go down.

No need to drag up shite thou is there.
I'm not interested in who Rooney is now having breakfast with.

Some stories with a human impact are in the public interest and some aren’t.

A professional football club who failed to provide a duty of care to its player and now trying to screw over another club I think is clearly in the public interest. The pathetic hatchet job on Ben Stokes and racially motivated attacks on Meghan Markle and previously Raheem Sterling aren’t exactly examples of the free press at its finest.

Shackling an actual press would be a bad thing, but then I think we have to look at how much actual journalism happens in these institutions. I wouldn't expect Whizzer and Chips to have a correspondent at parliament or sports events, but the red tops often have even more fanciful content than the comic

People always say this yet the opposite is true.

Sales of newspapers drop when there's no 'dirt and gossip' and when TV news focuses on 'good news stories' viewing figures also go down.

In the digital era clickbait is just the same - if people stopped reading, buying, watching or clicking on this stuff the media would deliver something different.

We're the problem, we always have been.

For the player they bought maybe?

You know, the one they paraded around the ground?

The one they said had signed?

When the man died.....that should be the end of it......RIP. ..if you can get that!
What interest can it possibly be for an Afcb fan....thats even more bizarre.
The modern football fan is obsessed with Money above Morals!

:shrug:....what matters to some will always conflict with what some others think.
Religion...politics...its all in there!
The day I follow trends is my last day!

Out of interest.. Cardiff is one of my least favourite clubs....in fact...I cant stand them!

When the man died.....that should be the end of it......RIP. ..if you can get that!
What interest can it possibly be for an Afcb fan....thats even more bizarre.
The modern football fan is obsessed with Money above Morals!
What interest for an AFCB fan?
As one who went to Cardiff and witnessed the stage managed grief of the loss of new signing, 30 mins not stop singing (impressive as it was) for one of their own, I have quite a bit of interest
Im convinced how they played it out gave their team a lift, which combined with us being crap that day, we lost a game we shouldnt have
Does that explain the interest well enough?

As one who went to Cardiff and witnessed the stage managed grief of the loss of new signing, 30 mins not stop singing (impressive as it was) for one of their own, I have quite a bit of interest
Im convinced how they played it out gave their team a lift, which combined with us being crap that day, we lost a game we shouldnt have

I am sure you know Gary that logic, even a degree of compassion, is totally wasted with this one. One of the me,me,me brigade

Cardiff would only be dragging this out if they feel they have a legal case, I can't see any other reason why they would be

I thought Leicester did the same after their owner was tragically killed. And then they repeated it recently on what would've been his 60th birthday, which I thought was absolutely cynical, but of course it worked again by pumping up the crowd and players. Reminds me of the whole Princess Diana thing which was shamelessly manipulated by the media, only now it's the clubs that are doing the manipulating in an attempt to gain an advantage.

;