Non - SIM card suggestions please

Tony Scott's shins

New Signing
Hi, I will be back in the UK and visiting Europe in May of this year. Looking for any pay-as-you-go SIM card recommendations that I can use for texting and voice calls please. Ideally I would like to set it up in Canada before I leave on the trip. First port of call will be UK, then Holland, Germany, Austria, France and back to the UK. Thanks.

I use giffgaff since it allows me to keep the same number and only buy goodie bags when I'm in the country, but I'd also say Lebara since you probably don't care about the number when you leave.

To be honest though, just pick something up at the airport. You'll get a SIM with basically unlimited everything for £20-25 from the vending machines or shops (if landing at Heathrow, unsure about others).

I'll have to look up those that you've mentioned.

I've used O2 last couple of trips back to the UK, you can use the bolt-ons (or whatever they're called) in a bunch of European countries, unless they've changed it since November.

If you are a regular traveller, explore what 3 have to offer.

I use mine all over the EU, UK, USA, Canada, Australia, NZ, Singapore and a few more for up to 30 days in each country. I don't pay any extra for this.

You might be better off with a rolling monthly contract rather than a pay-as-you-go depending on how long you're traveling for. The other gotcha if you've not been back for a while (and wisely avoiding the Brexit thread) is that roaming in the EU is no longer a mandatory part of your contract so some providers include it in the cost, others will make it a 'bolt on'.

I spent all day in London on Sunday using Google maps and Waze on data for the princely sum of 67p so 1p mobile is pretty good for that sort of thing and I don’t think any PAYG can beat 1p a minute for calls and text. You only have to top up £10 every four months and roaming in Europe is the same price as the UK...1p.

I spent all day in London on Sunday using Google maps and Waze on data for the princely sum of 67p so 1p mobile is pretty good for that sort of thing and I don’t think any PAYG can beat 1p a minute for calls and text. You only have to top up £10 every four months and roaming in Europe is the same price as the UK...1p.
This

Really good provider, the data thing needs watching but has never been an issue for me

;