Non Sky aerial

Sweetcherrity

Star Player
My daughter has just moved into her new home and has inherited a sky satellite dish and two cables in her lounge - we are presuming that these are the cables from the satellite dish. Anyone know how we can convert these cables into a tv aerial for her freeview tv?

If they are indeed the cable that is attached to the dish then you can't expect a Freeview signal through them. What you can expect is a Freesat signal - but you would need a Freesat box that would then HDMI to the TV.
Her TV will likely already have built-in Freeview, but not Freesat.
Freesat has many moe free channels than Freeview and tends to be useful in areas where there is a poor Freeview (normal TV aerial) signal. The boxes can be picked up cheap on Ebay. Humax are decent.
Worth it only if you can't find the normal TV aerial and supply cable into the living room...

I thought I just need to screw an RF (male or female) terminal connector onto the Sky F terminal wires we currently have coming out of wall (that's me googling!)

If they are indeed the cable that is attached to the dish then you can't expect a Freeview signal through them. What you can expect is a Freesat signal - but you would need a Freesat box that would then HDMI to the TV.
Her TV will likely already have built-in Freeview, but not Freesat.
Freesat has many moe free channels than Freeview and tends to be useful in areas where there is a poor Freeview (normal TV aerial) signal. The boxes can be picked up cheap on Ebay. Humax are decent.
Worth it only if you can't find the normal TV aerial and supply cable into the living room...

thanks...would the sky cables we already have fit straight into the freesat box or would we need any adaptors/convertors?

just looked online - seems there are quite a few around in Argos, Currys PC world too quite competitively priced - thanks for your help

thanks...would the sky cables we already have fit straight into the freesat box or would we need any adaptors/convertors?

I bought a freesat box last year, signal for freeview isn’t great here. Don’t expect the same amount of channels as sky but as mentioned above it’s more than freeview offers. Just one of the two sky cables goes into the back of the box and the box wasn’t that expensive

If you put both cables into the freesat box you can record and watch more programmes,i've had freesat for years as used it in France and its a good free way of watching tv in a bad signal area.

;