Non - Steve Wright - RIP

billythekid

UTC Legend
DJ Steve Wright, who presented programmes for BBC Radio 1 and Radio 2 for more than four decades, has died at the age of 69.

His family confirmed his death "with deep sorrow and profound regret" in a statement on Tuesday.

Wright joined the BBC in the 1970s and went on to host the afternoon shows on Radio 1 and Radio 2.

He also fronted television programmes for the BBC, including Top of the Pops.

Grew up with him on Radio 1 during the 80's. Haven't listened to Radio 1 in years and years as it's decided to aim at the kiddie market and tries too hard to tick every PC box. It's crap basically.
RIP Mr Steve Wright thoroughly enjoyed my ' yoof' listening to you.

Awful news. Met him a few times years ago when he was at Radio 210/Thames Valley Radio. A nice guy and a brilliant broadcaster who will be missed. RIP.

Steve's afternoon programmes were highly entertaining in the 80s...Mr Angry, Mr Mad and various other comical characters.
He did great technical disc- jockeying for many years.
An amiable character and very popular with other broadcasters.
RIP.

Last edited:
Grew up with him on Radio 1 during the 80's. Haven't listened to Radio 1 in years and years as it's decided to aim at the kiddie market and tries too hard to tick every PC box. It's crap basically.
It hasnt been aimed at you for decades. Its literally aimed at teens and young adults.

Real shock to hear this today. Was only talking about him recently as his image was used to announce the new Radio 2 sister off station.

For some reason Llama man and Mr Angry always stick in my mind. I know the Llama man words even three and half decades later.

Llama man, Llama man, does everything a llama can... He can bleat, he can trot, he's got everything a llama's got!

RIP Steve.

Remember during the school summer holibobs down the beach shouting"You alright?" to the reply "we're alright! You alright? " to other daft buggars.

;