Non - Storm Ciara, Sunday

Update.

The UK is set to be hit by the most intense storm in seven years, with winds up to 80mph as the Met Office issues a "danger to life" warning this weekend.

Ciara - the third named storm of the season - will "barge her way through" the country, say forecasters.

And there will be "impacts across the whole of the UK" between 6pm on Saturday and midnight on Sunday.

https://news.sky.com/story/ciara-set-to-be-most-intense-storm-to-hit-uk-since-2013-11928344

Once I saw the fixture change to Sunday, I decided to be a plastic this weekend, stay home and watch the game in the pub.

'Worst storm in years' seems like as good a reason as any to stay holed up safely in the pub, for an extended period...Wouldn't want to take any risks now would we.

Certainly isn’t looking good although we are out of the ‘orange warning’ area as is the majority of the route to Sheffield for those travelling from Bournemouth. Still gusts of 70mph+ though

Just been through all the travel home scenarios... Essentially you'll struggle getting south of Birmingham if you're travelling home via X country and SW trains...

X Country are only running every other hour from Birmingham and at a snail's pace as well... Thus making it impossible to tell what time you'll be in Reading for a possible connecting (SW) train from there... Plus, the train from Sheffield comes in 15 mins before the train from Bham at 19:04 making it tight... and they are NOT putting on extra carriages for the already overcrowded services...

It will be chaos... and if you can't get on that train... you'll need to then wait 2 hours for the 21:04, but you'll prob not get out of Reading...!!!!

Bus from Birmingham... forget it... 7.5 hours and via London Victoria ...

Good luck folks...

I'm travelling from Manchester to Sheffield, was going to go through the snake pass but hearing 70mph winds I think i'll be using the motorway up to Leeds then down to Sheffield.

No one has said that because of the ferocity of the weather the game could be called off. Is this a possibility?

No one has said that because of the ferocity of the weather the game could be called off. Is this a possibility?

I would not be hugely surprised if it was called off, on travel safety grounds. The Amber weather warning now extended to the whole of England and Wales, trying to remember the last time I saw such widespread amber warnings for high winds.

I would also not be surprised to see the weather warnings upgraded to red later tonight or early tomorrow for some parts.

I would not be hugely surprised if it was called off, on travel safety grounds. The Amber weather warning now extended to the whole of England and Wales, trying to remember the last time I saw such widespread amber warnings for high winds.

I would also not be surprised to see the weather warnings upgraded to red later tonight or early tomorrow for some parts.

If they are going to call it off, I hope for the sake of all football fans who are travelling to Sheffield, that it is called off sooner rather than later.

The football authorities have had good warning re this storm.

If they are going to call it off, I hope for the sake of all football fans who are travelling to Sheffield, that it is called off sooner rather than later.

The football authorities have had good warning re this storm.

If it was called off hypothetically, would it just be rearranged for next week? And we’d lose our “winter break”?

;