Non - Thank you NHS

Great news indeed Rob, see you on the Rocket on Saturday. 3 points and a celebratory Bounty bar should finish of a great week for you : )

Had my scan 18 months ago. Anyone offered any routine scan or check up should take it, no matter what it's for or how well you think you are. Anything detected early is easier to treat, for you and the N.H.S. : )

In our experience, everyone involved in the N.H.S. are fantastic human beings : )

I don't want to put a downer on the thread but it might make a difference to someone on here given the demographics.

My missus just lost her dad in the last couple of weeks due to a ruptured Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm. Literally alive and fine one minute and dead the next with all the heartbreak and devastation that goes with it.

Apparently this causes one in fifty deaths in men over 65 and you're supposed to be scanned for it when you turn 65. As with a lot of things Covid etc. has led to delays so if you've not been screened you might be better off requesting one.

I'm sure plenty of others on here have had some run-ins with this, it feels like such a ridiculously unfair way for a loved one to go. I've been telling anyone I know to make sure they've been scanned and, well, this place is full of old blokes so FFS get yourself scanned.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/abdominal-aortic-aneurysm-screening/
Very sorry to hear that SDD.
I was called up for a scan within days of my 65th birthday. It only takes a few minutes and it may well save your life. Get it done when called or if over 65 contact your GP surgery. Blokes only.

Been a while since I posted on this thread, but today feels like a day to come back to it.

Today I went for my regular hospital check up as part of my ongoing maintenance programme. During this time I've had four operations and four lots of immunotherapy after my bladder was 40% full of tumours.

I'm absolutely delighted to be able to say that the camera rather painfully inserted showed that there were NO tumours in my bladder!

Its been tough going these almost two years, but thanks to the marvellous NHS the treatment and operations have worked wonders.

Now its just carrying on with my maintenance programme and trying to remember drink lots of water!

Rob
That’s absolutely wonderful news Rob! So very pleased for you given everything you’ve gone through and really delighted for your family too as it wouldn’t have been easy for them either. Time for celebration.

I don't want to put a downer on the thread but it might make a difference to someone on here given the demographics.

My missus just lost her dad in the last couple of weeks due to a ruptured Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm. Literally alive and fine one minute and dead the next with all the heartbreak and devastation that goes with it.

Apparently this causes one in fifty deaths in men over 65 and you're supposed to be scanned for it when you turn 65. As with a lot of things Covid etc. has led to delays so if you've not been screened you might be better off requesting one.

I'm sure plenty of others on here have had some run-ins with this, it feels like such a ridiculously unfair way for a loved one to go. I've been telling anyone I know to make sure they've been scanned and, well, this place is full of old blokes so FFS get yourself scanned.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/abdominal-aortic-aneurysm-screening/
So sorry to read this SDD, awful news. Thoughts and condolences to you, your wife and family. Good for you raising awareness of the all important AAA test too.

;