Non - The Expanse

GARYafCb

Fans' Favourite
Have just got to the end of Season 3 of The Expanse on Amazon - a sci-fi series set in a future where Earth, Mars and the Belt are at each other’s throats with a side order of strange alien life being discovered.
S1 was ok but not outstanding, S2 got really quite good, S3 was gobsmackingly splendid.
And, by all accounts S4 gets even better.
Can only encourage you to watch if you like a bit of space opera. It’s bloody marvellous.

Have just got to the end of Season 3 of The Expanse on Amazon - a sci-fi series set in a future where Earth, Mars and the Belt are at each other’s throats with a side order of strange alien life being discovered.
S1 was ok but not outstanding, S2 got really quite good, S3 was gobsmackingly splendid.
Can only encourage you to watch if you like a bit of space opera. It’s bloody marvellous.

Space Opera?

Like Hawkwind, you mean?

I quite liked series 1 and what I watched of 2. That fella from Chernobyl doing his best Martian accent (strangely South African sounding...) was quite good in it. I'll soldier on with it after that glowing review.

A great great show.

Like you say S3 absolutely peaked. It was 2 series in one though (something about the way they line the series up with the books. The first half of season 3 is up there as the best TV of the last decade. The second half was sadly a let down compared to what had come before. Just started to watch S4.

Encourage anyone to watch it, along with Picard, another great series.

Amazon is really knocking them out of the park right now. I have prime for the free delivery but the TV shows are worth the price alone.

As anticipated - season 4 was absolutely bloody excellent.
Sad it’s over - but I see that they have just finished live action filming for season 5
So there should be more Expanse to watch before the year is out
Yay!

Sad it’s over - but I see that they have just finished live action filming for season 5
Yay!
I’m not usually into this genre but took a look to see what all the fuss was about and...I’m really enjoying it! Midway through Season 2 so looking forward to the rest if, as you say, it gets better as it goes along, so thanks for the recommendation.

Just started three on the recommendation here . First season was a bit of a struggle but steadily improving really enjoying it .

Yay!

Without spoilers, the end of season 4 ended the arc of a character I was sure about to begin with but absolutely loved by the end. The actor surprised me in his performance, absolutely nailed it. First half season 3 and the whole of season 4 have been superb. Sets up well going into 5 which I believe they wrap this month and is out later this year.

So the final episode aired today...what an awesome 6 seasons. Absolutely at the top of its game. Will sadly miss it.

Loved the nod to famous other sci fi characters in the list of commandos dropping for the ground assault. A fun game of guess who...

FJFGlFoUYAAwm1d.jpg

I quite liked series 1 and what I watched of 2. That fella from Chernobyl doing his best Martian accent (strangely South African sounding...) was quite good in it. I'll soldier on with it after that glowing review.

Watched Chernobyl a month or so back. Thought it was excellent. Highly recommend it.

And yes, Jared Harris is a very good actor indeed. Saw him in Madmen back in the summer.

Will have to give this series a go at some point, a mate who's usually pretty trustworthy in his recommendations is really into it.

;