Non - The 'Forum' almost unusable on Chrome

MB1980

UTC Legend
Finally started using Firefox (people recommended this months ago tbf) as over the past few weeks it's become so slow and unresponsive in Chrome it's almost unusable. Prefer using Chrome, so everything in one place, less apps open/to switch between.

Symptoms: takes ages for pages to render/populated. Typing sometimes takes seconds before text appears on screen.

Boring part (as requested before) @DJ dj

Platform OS:
Windows 10 on custom build desktop PC. 64gb ram. I9 'extreme' processor.
Connected via WiFi to virgin 1tb fibre.
Chrome version 123.0.6312.106 (64 bit)

Samsung s22+ mobile.
Android ui 6.0. V14
Chrome 123.0.6312.99
Slow connected to WiFi or vodafone 5g

Samsung s24 ultra
Android ui 6.1 v14
Chrome 123.0.6312.99
Slow connected to WiFi or vodafone 5g

No issues with other sites.

So it's not just me then. The page just scrolls up and down when you don't want it to and then doesn't when you want it to. Text takes ages to appear or disappear. Like you, I would prefer to keep it on Chrome for convenience but it looks like I've got to do something about it : (

So it's not just me then. The page just scrolls up and down when you don't want it to and then doesn't when you want it to. Text takes ages to appear or disappear. Like you, I would prefer to keep it on Chrome for convenience but it looks like I've got to do something about it : (

Horrendous isn't it mate.

@DJ @Druss_the_Legend

Are techs aware?

I informed them straight away. As yet they haven’t been able to replicate your issue.

But I’ve let them know that table also has a problem.

Very odd tbh mate. How they can't replicate it.

Post this in main forum and I suspect you'll find many others that have exact same issue.

As mentioned, I have exact same symptoms on different platforms/os's on different networks.

Purely with chrome and this site...

Yep had an advert promoting a film creeping in on both the left and right sides.

The same with an Adobe advert.

Had an issue with this for the last few days and only just noticed this thread.

Last edited:
They won't do much about it.

It's advertising revenue that gets taken away if they fix it.

Been going on for years and years.

It's still no better DJ, if anything it's worse.

I get what you're saying Dragon but I also accept Vitals have to make revenue somehow. Unfortunately the world's not how we'd like it but how it is : )

It's still no better DJ, if anything it's worse.

I get what you're saying Dragon but I also accept Vitals have to make revenue somehow. Unfortunately the world's not how we'd like it but how it is : )
I use Brave on the laptop.

On the iPhone it’s like a video game, trying to hit the right part of the screen before it jumps randomly.

I'm not using any adblockers but will consider it, if you can recommend one : )

It's still poor on Chrome, whether laptop, Fire or phone. It slowly gets worse. The jumping around, scrolling up and down, then it takes an age to respond to typing in text (and that takes an age for me because I'm on probation for persistent infringement of the strict spelling protocols on here. Any moment I'm expecting the long arm of Chief Inspector Zigger Zagger of the S.P.G*. to grab my collar and say "You're nicked table my lad, 'ow many more times. It's double o not one o. I'm afraid it's a spell in chokey for you boy") : )

I'm using Wave for this and it's taken half the time it would have done on Chrome : )

*Spelling Punctuation and Grammar : )

Load of rubbish.

The ads create revenue for Vitals, or which DJ is a part of.

Nothing will change, hasn't for 15 years.

Click bait drives the Vitals network.

No one has ever hidden that fact, it’s just the way of the world. The founder of Vitals always said if he won the euro millions there would be no ads, alas it’s yet to happen.

But there is a balance and functionality of the forum is important which is why the techies at vitals look to fix things when they stumble. Same as they do on any platform big or small.

The founder of Vitals said if he was a multi billionaire everything would be free.

That's what every money hungry person says.

Whilst making money, lots of money, but its never quite having enough in their eyes.

Terrible response DJ.

The techies have applied a fix which on an apple device, currently at least, appears to have fixed the slow loading ads which made the page sticky and then jumpy.

Hopefully this also improves things on chrome.

;