Non - The Last Jedi (no spoilers from me)

goshbite

First Team
I really enjoyed it.

Also, I managed to do two things that I'd never done for a movie release. I avoided the trailer and any other pre-release footage so I went in oblivious to plot lines/suggestions. I also went to the first midnight screening available here. I must do this more often.

I really enjoyed it, the sex scenes were a shock though, especially between Luke and Chewie. The whole legal challenge over Han's will and the repossession of the Millennium Falcon story arc was over played I felt.

Yeah never seen one either. And the only reason I would, would be to stop the gawks and the disbelief every time I say that I haven't.

Haven't caved in yet though.

melvintoad - 15/12/2017 14:01

With you Al, never seen one probably not gonna start now

I only started on Peaky Blinders Monday..On series 4 already.
Box set binge in the wet weather.

NWCherries98 - 15/12/2017 13:40

Yeah never seen one either. And the only reason I would, would be to stop the gawks and the disbelief every time I say that I haven't.

You wouldn't really be caving in though NW.

I wouldn't bother with any of the newer ones but I can recommend watching the first two which, if you've not been following, are A New Hope (1977) and The Empire Strikes Back (1980). Both were made by a mainly British crew using their imagination and card board boxes rather than CGI and an apple device. It was a great time when film making was more of an art form and a love for those doing it rather than a massive money making juggernaut which it turned into.

There is a documentary on BBC4 next Thursday called The Galaxy Britain Built which looks very good and shows how the original films were made.

West Moors Cherry - 15/12/2017 14:53

NWCherries98 - 15/12/2017 13:40

You wouldn't really be caving in though NW.

I wouldn't bother with any of the newer ones but I can recommend watching the first two which, if you've not been following, are A New Hope (1977) and The Empire Strikes Back (1980). Both were made by a mainly British crew using their imagination and card board boxes rather than CGI and an apple device. It was a great time when film making was more of an art form and a love for those doing it rather than a massive money making juggernaut which it turned into.

There is a documentary on BBC4 next Thursday called The Galaxy Britain Built which looks very good and shows how the original films were made.

Sorry "Caving In" was the wrong term. Honestly, I think I've just seen too many spoofs of the Star Wars films to really take them seriously at this point. I'll definitely look at that documentary though, I love seeing how films are made, so thanks for the heads up.

West Moors Cherry - 15/12/2017 16:38

To be fair, I've gone off the new ones as it's now just a Disney franchise but that doc is definitely worth watching.

As apposed to a Lucasfilm cash cow that was led by a guy determined to ruin them?

Disney have completely turned them around.

AlGard - 15/12/2017 12:12

Am I the only person left who has not seen any of the SW films?

No you’re not Al ........ never seen one ....... or the Hairy Potter films ....... or the (there’s quite a long list)

And while we’re talking movies, whoever it was that cast Tom Cruise as Jack Reacher needs to be tied to post on a village green, and horse whipped till he / she vows to never be so blooming ridiculous ever again :154:

Druss_the_Legend - 15/12/2017 17:38

West Moors Cherry - 15/12/2017 16:38

To be fair, I've gone off the new ones as it's now just a Disney franchise but that doc is definitely worth watching.

As apposed to a Lucasfilm cash cow that was led by a guy determined to ruin them?

Disney have completely turned them around.

Spot on Druss. For me this was the worst of the Disney films because I thought there was too much going on, but at least 10 times better than 1-3.

4FCB - 16/12/2017 09:47

No you’re not Al ........ never seen one ....... or the Hairy Potter films ....... or the (there’s quite a long list)

And while we’re talking movies, whoever it was that cast Tom Cruise as Jack Reacher needs to be tied to post on a village green, and horse whipped till he / she vows to never be so blooming ridiculous ever again :154:

Who do you think cast him? The producer did, Tom Cruise. I am sure they are not related ;)

So you have watched Jack Reacher but not Star Wars or Harry Potter? You need to select your films a little more carefully in the future :grin:

Druss_the_Legend - 16/12/2017 12:47

4FCB - 16/12/2017 09:47

Who do you think cast him? The producer did, Tom Cruise. I am sure they are not related ;)

So you have watched Jack Reacher but not Star Wars or Harry Potter? You need to select your films a little more carefully in the future :grin:

No I haven’t seen the Reacher movies either Druss ...... for the simple fact that Cruise is the polar opposite to the character that Lee Child created :hihi:

He should not only be horse whipped, but made to watch re-runs of Are You Being Served, 24 hours a day for a month. :grin:

;