Non - Torquay United

That one on TV was Sept 95, the wet 0-3 was Feb 95 in the GE season, I went to that one.

I think a couple invaded in 92? In the cup? And one got laid out by someone in the New stand. May have been at HT?
It was 93, cup game, was coming home from my honeymoon and I was mithering the coach driver to put the final scores on the radio..phoned a mate next day and he told me it kicked off when Brighton decided to invade after scoring, big mistake for that one lad who got chivved up

Redistribution of finance needed.

I used to be staunchly against changing financial setup in football. Enjoyed whole transfer sagas. But ffp is the wrong answer imo. Made it worse through its current implementation (perhaps as hobbles smaller clubs like us and seemingly further enforces ' status quo. Ie big ckubs get to spend more, further strengthening their grip. Whilst nu-money and particularly at smaller clubs with wealthy owners is neutered).

American football like draft system/caps? Not sure what the answer is.

A bit like politics, feels like whole thing needs a hard reset/overhaul.

Money that is spent or needs to spent is obscene. And as I say, particularly benefits the elite big clubs imo.

It's a shame about Torquay....and it's a warning to us in a way.
Torquay is Not a Football Town...even less so than us...in fact the place itself away from Football, is in a worse state than Bournemouth...
I went there last year reluctantly to meet some of my wife relatives who had travelled from Brighton ( another ailing dump )...it's really gone tits up...smelly and decrepit.... These Victorian 'resorts' are getting 'found out' Even 10 years ago Torquay was still a vibrant place full of joy and enterprise.
Of course like B' mouth it's very Tory and stuff has gone drastically wrong with Councils along the South Coast...not sure about further North but I don't think it's as bad.
Anyway....investors from abroad will have seen the decline...and people like Foley probably won't stick around too long......especially if he can't get infrastructure stuff.. .and the building structures done reasonably quickly and there's little sign of that bearing any fruit..just some speculative waffle on this Forum...and look at the pace, or lack of, with this ere Training Ground/ Corporate Leisure Centre build !
Just saying like ....ok it's Gob on a Stick flavour....but there's gist and grist in the juice .

Back to Torquay.. they could slip down to Step 6 of the Non - League pyramid ( step 10 overall) and end up playing 5 minutes up the road from my house !

It's a Funny ol' Game.. and you don't know what's round the corner.. so...
So, so what ?
So..there ya go !

Last edited:
Yeah they were all over us to start with then Scott Mean got that low level half volley then they battered us got the equalizer. Then Pennock lumped it forward think Holland flicked it on and Jones ran at them and scored that legendary goal.

Look at the lower tier, absolutely rammed, apparently crowd was 10k must've been 2k of us in that away terrace at least.

I'm briefly in the shot when Mel runs to the fans.
That blue and black stripe away kit absolutely gorgeous.

Agree re kit. One of my favourites.

Light/Pale/baby/sky blue usually looks good imo. Flattering colour, unless really hideous design. Brings out my cold, dead eyes:D.

Much better than green/black from simikar era. I know people on here like green/black for historical reasons, but it's not my idea of an apoealing/attractive kit. Save green for sports like rugby (which I don't give a sh1t about).

;