Non-TV Freesat

Redpost

First Team
We had Freesat installed last week. When the installer said did we want to record? We said ‘no’ and just had a small box with the installation. That arrangement suited me but Mrs Redpost has now decided that she does, after all, want to have catchup etc.

The TV we have was Freeview Ready but not Freesat. What I can’t make up my mind about is whether to buy the recording box at £199.00 or bite the bullet and buy a new TV with Freesat. Any words of wisdom much appreciated.

I don't know what your technical ability is like, but you can do it for way less than £200. You can get a box for £30-40 and plug a USB HDD in, yours might even support recording if you plug a disc in.

You can get all the catch up channels with an amazon firestick....think they're £30 but dont quote me on that. Won't record or anything though.

This could be a ploy, so be careful.
His wife wants a recording box, so buy her one, keep her happy.
Just tell her you still want to watch the AFCB games live.

I've had a Humax Freesat recorder for more years than I can remember. Its been faultless. Generally known as the Rolls Royce of these products. Take a look at their website as they often have deals on refurbished or older models all with guarantees. I got my son a refurbished Freeview recorder from them at just over £100 I think it was and again many years of trouble free viewing.

Agree with all above had a free sat box for years and no problems and it can record three channels at once,but you do need a multi head thingy on your sat dish to watch and record at the same time.

;