Non Wimborne FC

A very enjoyable afternoon at Wimborne pity they lost but it was a good game. Full credit to everyone at the New Cuthbury for the friendly manner in which everything was organised including no admin fee for ordering tickets on line (Jim please note). Lovely stadium and although I didn't appreciate the meals had to be pre ordered (my mistake) there was plenty of stadium food available. More than £139's worth sold I would assume including an ongoing chain of chips not just for the kids.

Lots on offer at the bar (cash if required Jim please note) and by the looks of it they did a roaring trade. Lots of AFCB faces I recognised including a good reprrsentation from coach 2 including our steward Adam and other people I recognised from the BOTN post match podcast. Those wearing caps were on facing the right way.

I know you like to argue black is white but really?
According to latest 2021 census Northampton has a population of approximately 195K, Luton around 225K and BCP has over 400K.
On what basis are Northampton and Luton bigger?

He was talking about Bournemouth. BCP isn't a town, it's three towns.

Google 'The Map Men ' website and look for 'Why British cities don't make sense'
Maybe even go on and watch 'English Counties explained'.
Both hilarious and informative at the same time.

Burnley's population is half the size of Poole roughly.. and they were English League Champions in 59/ 60. . And... and FA Cup Winners in 1914..
Some f√cking Football Club I'd say ! Well run !

Last edited:
Burnley's population is half the size of Poole roughly.. and they were English League Champions in 59/ 60. . And... and FA Cup Winners in 1914..
Some f√cking Football Club I'd say !

you seem obsessed with burnley, brian, might I suggest a relocation for you?
you may fit in a bit better up there?

What would you say AFCB's natural catchment area is ? Way more than BCP, I'd say.

Has to be pretty much all of Dorset. Perhaps not so much towards Ringwood way, but can;t see another professional club apart from Southampton in or near the county borders that would take any kind of significant number away. Even the amount of Southampton fans must be pretty inconsequential, in reality.

According to 2011 census, nearly 750k. Half of which was BCP.

Assume population has grown over the past 12 years?

As time goes on and new kids get into football, they're much more likely to properly support AFCB, assuming we maintain top flight status, rather than the 'I'm a United fan, but always keep an eye out for Bournemouth's results' type person, thats been typical for most of our lives.

Oh dear the clue is BCP
The clue is BCP is now, whether we like it or not a unitary authority and if City status was ever to be dished out it wouldn't be to any of Bournemouth, Christchurch or Poole individually it would be to the whole BCP ala the City of Stoke-on-Trent which includes the towns of Tunstell, Burslem and Hanley and a sizeable chunk Newcastle-under-Lyme. Don't imagine many Port Vale fans are proud to say they now live in the City of Stoke!
Closer to home Brighton itself is not afforded city status it is Brighton AND Hove two separate towns that are now one city.
There's many more examples of towns amalgamating to be given city status, there's your clue!

;