NON: Wolves - Price of Football report

davygravy

Fans' Favourite
Anyone on Twitter this morning will see lots of posts regarding The Price of Football reports about the massive financial losses Wolves incurred while coming up last season. There will be people cleverer than me that can go through things will a fine tooth comb and its not made the PoF website yet. Below is a basic cut and paste, there is lots more. Basic terms, from what I can see, if Wolves hadn't gone up, they could well have fallen foul of the FFP laws. So all their fans giving it large about our small overspend, certainly compared to theirs, I hope they pipe down now.

Basically....around a £64m loss.

One fan posted: 'speculate to accumulate' - which I agree with. Its the only way for any club to improve themselves. Yet they have given us pelters for doing just that when we came up.

[B]PriceOfFootball[/B]‏ @KieranMaguire
FollowFollow @KieranMaguire
More
Wolves had trading losses of £1,211,000 a week in 2017/18 when being promoted from EFL Championship to Premier League #wwfc losses higher than any other in the division reported to date, which total £446 million.

Last edited:
But in the end of the day...whats it got to do with 11 players on a green patch of grass representing their town against ours.
Foot........Ball....pass..... score!
I just want to see an entertaining contest.... I dont care what happens outside that 90 minutes!..
People will turn to Non - league in droves as the cost of PL takes the game further into the Spreadsheet S##t!
Its just Wolverhampton Wanderers football team...thats it.....they play us....same as Brighton....football! and im not in the slightest interested in all that bollix about what they, Brighton think about our ' finances' or us about theirs!
We can play them on a disused airfield in the New Forest...its Football........Foot .....Ball!

But in the end of the day...whats it got to do with 11 players on a green patch of grass representing their town against ours.
Foot........Ball....pass..... score!
I just want to see an entertaining contest.... I dont care what happens outside that 90 minutes!..
People will turn to Non - league in droves as the cost of PL takes the game further into the Spreadsheet S##t!
Its just Wolverhampton Wanderers football team...thats it.....they play us....same as Brighton....football! and im not in the slightest interested in all that bollix about what they, Brighton think about our ' finances' or us about theirs!
We can play them on a disused airfield in the New Forest...its Football........Foot .....Ball!
If anybody needs more information regarding this matter you should get yourselves along to North Stand Chat. The experts are busy dissecting Wolves and Villa's accounts today.

Anyone on Twitter this morning will see lots of posts regarding The Price of Football reports about the massive financial losses Wolves incurred while coming up last season. There will be people cleverer than me that can go through things will a fine tooth comb and its not made the PoF website yet. Below is a basic cut and paste, there is lots more. Basic terms, from what I can see, if Wolves hadn't gone up, they could well have fallen foul of the FFP laws. So all their fans giving it large about our small overspend, certainly compared to theirs, I hope they pipe down now.

Basically....around a £64m loss.

One fan posted: 'speculate to accumulate' - which I agree with. Its the only way for any club to improve themselves. Yet they have given us pelters for doing just that when we came up.

[B]PriceOfFootball[/B]‏ @KieranMaguire
FollowFollow @KieranMaguire
More
Wolves had trading losses of £1,211,000 a week in 2017/18 when being promoted from EFL Championship to Premier League #wwfc losses higher than any other in the division reported to date, which total £446 million.
See , we are trailblazers. They'll all be at it now.

Its been quite satisfying to see many Wolves fans commenting, knowing they have been very lucky to miss a FFP fine by getting promoted. Some do seem quite worried they will have very little to spend in the summer [ so maybe the 33m rated Jiminez currently on loan, may not become permanent? ].
If any of them dare to mention FFP to us again....I'd suggest it would be rather hypocritical!

So how come we didn’t miss an FFP fine? We were promoted as well!

Because we spent on Mings and possibly others early in the summer so we could push that spend onto the previous season. This meant the FFP balance sheet was clear for the upcoming first Premier League season

It only took until page 3 for them to mention us.
I think it's hilarious. Everybody outside of the gilded cage known as NSC knows that Brighton drove a coach and horses through FFP and dressed it in infrastructure, loan notes, etc, coated in glitter and fairy dust. I just love the teeth gnashing when they realise that another club has taken the same route. Sanctimonious twats !

I think it's hilarious. Everybody outside of the gilded cage known as NSC knows that Brighton drove a coach and horses through FFP and dressed it in infrastructure, loan notes, etc, coated in glitter and fairy dust. I just love the teeth gnashing when they realise that another club has taken the same route. Sanctimonious twats !

Its crazy how many fans of certain clubs throw pelters at us for what we did....when they basically did very similar things...on an even large scale....and seem to think they are angels!

Its crazy how many fans of certain clubs throw pelters at us for what we did....when they basically did very similar things...on an even large scale....and seem to think they are angels!
Because we are still “ little lower league Bournemouth “who should still be struggling in league two as far as they’re concerned..

While the huge overspend looks very likely like to contain a deliberate attempt to dodge FFP rules, what's equally worrying is the 20% stake in a football 'super agency'. The head of which organised the sale of the club, "advises" the board and lead to players leaving the Champions League to join the second tier of English football.

It was big news in the Championship with a handful of clubs making an official complaint but virtually unmentioned in the Premier League.

While the huge overspend looks very likely like to contain a deliberate attempt to dodge FFP rules, what's equally worrying is the 20% stake in a football 'super agency'. The head of which organised the sale of the club, "advises" the board and lead to players leaving the Champions League to join the second tier of English football.

It was big news in the Championship with a handful of clubs making an official complaint but virtually unmentioned in the Premier League.
It only took until page 3 for them to mention us.
Like to stuff them when we play them and they go down

Because we are still “ little lower league Bournemouth “who should still be struggling in league two as far as they’re concerned..
This is pretty much it, we should be put back in / stay in our 'place'.

We signed a fairly ragtag bunch of players (Surman, OKane, Boruc, Ritchie, Wilson, Kermorgant etc) for a reasonable amount of money, a lot for us but an amount that almost every other Champ club could comfortably afford, because they missed out on those players for bigger names, it grates still them today.
E.g Norwich deciding to buy Grabban instead of Wilson, giving us the money to get Wilson - that irritates them to this day.

;