Nostalgia. It ain't what it used to be.

kirsikka

UTC Legend
Since we've retread some old ground over the past few days, I checked to see what I had stashed away on my hard drive.

Get your mind out of the gutter.

I meant around things from the Howe era. I have a couple of things I downloaded and kept around the PL first promotion. I know you kids these days can watch all sorts on YouTube, but some may prefer to listen back to the colour provided by ye olde transistor radio broadcast. This is what I have:

--- 5 Live ---
AFCB v Bolton - 1 - Prematch Buildup - 27th April 2015
AFCB v Bolton - 2 - Match Commentary - 27th April 2015
AFCB v Bolton - 3 - Postmatch Call In - 27th April 2015
Another post-Bolton 5Live file. Longer than the one above so must be different. I need to listen to it again to check!

--- Solent ---
AFCB v Bolton - Solent - Pre Match
AFCB v Bolton - Solent - Post Match
Charlton v AFCB - Solent - 1 - Prematch
Charlton v AFCB - Solent - 2 - Postmatch

--- BBC World Service ---
Sport_Today - AFC Bournemouth make history

If anyone fancies a listen and wants me to share the files, send me a message and let me know what you'd like.

I also found this image in the folder:

betting shop.jpg

This seemed an appropriate thread to post this Ohec cutting from January 1980. Another failed attempt at developing our infrastructure.

Did anyone else get irked by the Ohec referring to us as 'AFC'?

Attachments

• Sports Complex.jpeg
    Sports Complex.jpeg
    937.2 KB · Views: 58
Since we've retread some old ground over the past few days, I checked to see what I had stashed away on my hard drive.

Get your mind out of the gutter.

I meant around things from the Howe era. I have a couple of things I downloaded and kept around the PL first promotion. I know you kids these days can watch all sorts on YouTube, but some may prefer to listen back to the colour provided by ye olde transistor radio broadcast. This is what I have:

--- 5 Live ---
AFCB v Bolton - 1 - Prematch Buildup - 27th April 2015
AFCB v Bolton - 2 - Match Commentary - 27th April 2015
AFCB v Bolton - 3 - Postmatch Call In - 27th April 2015
Another post-Bolton 5Live file. Longer than the one above so must be different. I need to listen to it again to check!

--- Solent ---
AFCB v Bolton - Solent - Pre Match
AFCB v Bolton - Solent - Post Match
Charlton v AFCB - Solent - 1 - Prematch
Charlton v AFCB - Solent - 2 - Postmatch

--- BBC World Service ---
Sport_Today - AFC Bournemouth make history

If anyone fancies a listen and wants me to share the files, send me a message and let me know what you'd like.

I also found this image in the folder:

View attachment 9839
You have to love the tongue in cheek stuff from Charlton that day.

This seemed an appropriate thread to post this Ohec cutting from January 1980. Another failed attempt at developing our infrastructure.

Did anyone else get irked by the Ohec referring to us as 'AFC'?
The club often referred to itself as AFC so not just a media thing. Recall Mick Cunningham in the 8502 getting angry re new seats spelling out AFC rather than AFCB - called it any flipping club!

I don't remember Mark Elliott either. He may have been less than f*cking brilliant.

Attachments

• Mark Elliott.JPG
    Mark Elliott.JPG
    158.4 KB · Views: 22

;