Not a Derby......

I suppose their fans will take comfort from the profit the owners make, when they sell Van Dyck : )

Link to their forum please? If I get bored later it could make entertaining reading. I don't think I've ever soiled my silicon by visiting their site before but might make an exception this time.

kirsikka - 30/6/2017 10:27

Link to their forum please? If I get bored later it could make entertaining reading. I don't think I've ever soiled my silicon by visiting their site before but might make an exception this time.

https://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?58437-Premier-League-Rival-Transfers/page5#.WVYwAoTyvcs

Not quite a meltdown, some fans sensible, others scoffing at Defoe, some trotting out the age old FFP (when will they realise that ground capacity is no longer the biggest factor regarding income??). Still entertaining watching a few of the more arrogant fans implode as their existential crisis begins…

https://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?58437-Premier-League-Rival-Transfers/page5#.WVYyjojyuUk

The link for the scummers site and they do talk some b~~~~~s.

It's getting better...

"Their model is completely unsustainable. I seem to recall another south coast team spending beyond its means.

It'll go tits up soon."

The fact is many of the people who post regularly on forums tend to be a bit extreme and of course it's those comments you pick up on. Red Sky picks out one post but someone on our forum immediately asked 'why is it unsustainable?'. We've had similar 'meltdowns' each of the past close-seasons with some posters asking why we're not doing business like Stoke or Palace and yet we've gone on to do better than those clubs. Personally I think you've done good business, Defoe is a bit of a gamble considering his age but you get the impression he's looked after himself and has some years left in him.
I think all clubs have fans who talk b******, lets' face it you've got Republican!

Far too many sensible posts on there - it's hardly NSC!

They do seem to have some baffling obsession about an obscure L1 team though.

sainti - 30/6/2017 12:55

The fact is many of the people who post regularly on forums tend to be a bit extreme and of course it's those comments you pick up on. Red Sky picks out one post but someone on our forum immediately asked 'why is it unsustainable?'. We've had similar 'meltdowns' each of the past close-seasons with some posters asking why we're not doing business like Stoke or Palace and yet we've gone on to do better than those clubs. Personally I think you've done good business, Defoe is a bit of a gamble considering his age but you get the impression he's looked after himself and has some years left in him.
I think all clubs have fans who talk b******, lets' face it you've got Republican!

To be fair I did address the balance of opinion in my original reply. It doesn't make the deluded/ arrogant fan overreactions any less entertaining though. And yes we do have a few nutters of our own which I'm sure provide entertainment for others.

Respect your opinion though :lovers: I agree he's worth a punt and we did well enough last season without him so it's a calculated risk that's not the end of the world if it doesn't pan out.

;