Nottingham Forest v AFC Bournemouth

Apart from the one season with Newcastle when they achieved promotion, Hughton has always been a 'safety first' kind of manager.

By 'safety first' I mean, a team kicks off a match at 0-0 and that it is better not to lose that point, rather try to gain three. In this approach, keeping possession being the key and playing backwards or sideways is preferred to losing the ball. Sound familiar to anyone?

Errr, not really any familiarity if the implication is Bournemouth managers. I could perhaps see what you mean with JT/JW as each seemed somewhat frightened into fighting for minimum points rather than attacking expansively (albeit I wouldn’t say we were a particularly defensive team last season). Maybe SO’D, although I would still disagree with you (to me, “sideways passing between dwarfs” just became a catch phrase despite being far from reality). You can’t (I assume) mean Eddie? I think I’m in a minority but I like possession based football, particularly when away from home. Keep the ball and the opposition clearly can’t score. Plus it shuts the crowd up and/or forces the home team to press the ball in areas where they shouldn’t. Yesterday was a great example: most of our possession was across the back four.

also it would be good to have a sort of selling point from each group so we can pick which we want to join. I mean if we were to pick to be a forum elitist do we get 25% off waitrose shopping? or bedwetters get 50% off washing powder?
I’m afraid you won’t get anything from the Doom mongers as there just wouldn’t be any point

has to be a bag of werthers originals for the cloth caps?

I guess I'm cloth cap material..I want to come back on the planet as a cloth cap if for any reason I can't get back as a pair of Katherine Jenkins pants.(unchanged from a previous day)...no seriously, although I was serious about the pants - no ..no shut that door..there's a south westerly brewing from the Atlantic...no ..f√ck sh*t...where were we ?... no worries Popeye. ..OK back on it..( oooh these memory lapses ...need some beef jerky)...WERTHERS ! .yup...best I get up t'Spar shop...blinkin' Co-op shut now...

Last edited:
I guess I'm cloth cap material..I want to come back on the planet as a cloth cap if for any reason I can't get back as a pair of Katherine Jenkins pants.(unchanged from a previous day)...no seriously, although I was serious about the pants - no ..no shut that door..there's a south westerly brewing from the Atlantic...no ..f√ck sh*t...where were we...OK back on it..( oooh these memory lapses ...need some beef jerky)...WERTHERS..yup...best I get up t'Spar shop...blinkin' Co-op shut now...

hahaha :D

Have seen him play multiple times. A long way off Championship standard imo

How do you think we'll line up? If Stan is fit, logical for him to go there I suppose... If Pearson is and Stan isn't, maybe Kilkenny can play there...

I think it would be really helpful to have a list of everyone who is in these lists so that we can respectfully use the right epithet when insulting them.

I mean, I wouldn't want to call a bedwetter a doom monger incorrectly.
Not that simple. You need a venn diagram, because most of us appear in more than one group, especially if we happen to be losing/lose ;-)

;