Nottingham Forest v AFC Bournemouth

All 3 podcasts have different styles. We are extremely lucky that those involved take the time and effort to produce their various shows for our benefit and enjoyment on a theme we all support. Football is all about opinions so good on them for their hard work and enterprise.

If we 'worked hard' on Wednesday ....where were the shots on goal ?....THAT is what matters...otherwise we will be going down ..it can't get ANY simpler than that.

If we 'worked hard' on Wednesday ....where were the shots on goal ?....THAT is what matters...otherwise we will be going down ..it can't get ANY simpler than that.
I think that Parker must have fined the players if they kicked the ball forward, or if more than four at a time ventured into the opposition half:(
If you've had that drummed into you over a whole season, it's not that easy to suddenly become all gung ho. A manager who knows how to coach a team to progress quickly up the pitch as a unit without leaving them too open at the back would transform our players approach. At the moment the players still look like they're being pulled back by those huge elastic bands that they use in training!!

What was important on Wednesday after shipping so many goals recently was trying to keep a clean sheet and not lose, that was achieved.

Now going into our game on Saturday at Forest with their crowd backing them, is to avoid an early goal.

The other scenario is try and get an early goal to silence the crowd.

Should be an interesting game to see two teams facing each other in the top league for the very first time.

Did you watch the game?
Did you watch the game?

Not at the game... I'll be honest. ..1st half Radio ...2nd half on a screen with a sh*te reception...but that's always a standard lashing I get whenever I pass comment on a game...I wasn't there!

I'll repeat what matters .. shots on goal...necessary if we want to Win games...and it applies tomorrow...whether I see it or not !

Not at the game... I'll be honest. ..1st half Radio ...2nd half on a screen with a sh*te reception...but that's always a standard lashing I get whenever I pass comment on a game...I wasn't there!

I'll repeat what matters .. shots on goal...necessary if we want to Win games...and it applies tomorrow...whether I see it or not !
You don't get any points for shots on goal no matter how many you have if none go in, but you always get at least one if you stop the other team scoring. Striking the right balance is the tricky bit.

Last edited:

Tbf, I didn’t ask if you attended, I asked if you watched it.

I thought we did quite well. There was some very skillful play out of defence (a few scary moments too, granted). I thought Christie supported Zemura well, and Cook was very good in midfield. Tavernier went on some nice runs, but didn't quite release the ball quickly enough. Billing made some decent runs. We had 3-4 chances, so that was encouraging. After the 9-0 defeat, a clean sheet was very important. Now we need a goal or four. I personally would only use Moore as a super sub. I think we're much more fluid with more bodies in midfield and Dom up front.

Looking forward to it, but 2-1 or 3-1 I think. We just don't have enough offensively I fear.

The last time Forest scored more than 1 goal at home was back in April against Swansea City when they won 5-1 with Surridge getting a hat-trick.

Against AFCB at home they won 2-1 in the 2014-15 season in the Championship.

Last time they scored 3 at home was back in 2006-07 season.

If this list is accurate:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nottingham_Forest_F.C.#Current_squad

They have a 29 man squad, but 3 of them will count as U21s so that's 28 players from which to choose.

I would guess that Lyle Taylor will be the odd man out.

Meanwhile, two of those three U21s are players that will expect to be playing (Neco Williams and Brennan Johnson) and with three keepers, that leaves 24 outfield players with an expectation of being a part of the first team. That could get interesting.

It seems Chelsea were too busy with their own deals to process the paperwork for a deal for Michy Batshuayi so Forest missed out. You have to wonder if Surridge would have made the cut if he'd have arrived.

The Forest fans ( I've struck a bet with one ...Nick the Greek here in the pub) ..they love Surridge.. now why is that.. because he is a nuisance player ( they tell me and I agree)...and gives 100% ( I agree).
..he pulls defenders around ( I agree)..
...the older Forest fans know their football...but they would .. they had THE most ruthless side Worldwide ever to go on grass ..under the great man.. Clough !

I just checked... Notts Forest have spent more seasons outside of the top division than they have in the top division.
Big club?

;