Nottingham Forest v AFC Bournemouth

The ref was absolutely crap but then again they all seem to be and VAR takes so long here compared to everywhere else and then still get it wrong

That was the weirdest thing about Gary Birtles' TV commentary (that it seems many heard, legally or otherwise). Birtles kept going on and on about where Smithy's feet were.

Then, ha, then, then, Birtles said that, instead of referees, they should have ex-players in charge of VAR!

Birtles spent almost the entire second half of the first half going over the second yellow card for Boly. Was he the only one that didn't see how Boly deliberately targetted Smith's foot? Either way, he was like a dog with a bone, he would not let it rest.

Someone at NBC must have told Birtles to wise up at half time and he moderated his Forestry a bit.

I hope that I never hear Birtles again.
I didn't have a clue who the commentators were until others posted GB comments on here which coincided with the TV commentary.
I watch on Optus ,which is Aussie(their Hungry Jack's burgers look tasty), so assume it was Birtles, and Optus leases the right to show games from the PL.

I didn't have a clue who the commentators were until others posted GB comments on here which coincided with the TV commentary.
I watch on Optus ,which is Aussie(their Hungry Jack's burgers look tasty), so assume it was Birtles, and Optus leases the right to show games from the PL.

You know that Hungry Jack's is Burger King.

Well, you now know that Gary Birtles is King of bias.

You know that Hungry Jack's is Burger King.

Well, you now know that Gary Birtles is King of bias.
BK ! Seems I'm wrong about their burgers .
Can't stand their flame-grill crap.I do like a flame grill bbq though,via mossychef123.
Many years since I've had a BK because EVERY time I had one I was violently sick within half an hour,/maybe hour tops.

BK ! Seems I'm wrong about their burgers .
Can't stand their flame-grill crap.I do like a flame grill bbq though,via mossychef123.
Many years since I've had a BK because EVERY time I had one I was violently sick within half an hour,/maybe hour tops.
I find all fast food makes me sick. It tastes ok but is just basically absolute junk

It seems they don't like us.

Good.

Totally oblivious to how long Notts F were a third tier side and they aren’t famous anymore so no one cares about them either. At least we admit it.

That particular duo is employed or contracted by the EPL, I am pretty sure. NBC has maybe three sets of commentators who appear on some games shown in the US, the other games have people that the EPL provides. I had never heard today's pair before now. I can do without them.

Am I suffering from Deja vu here ?
I'm sure that they do this at least once a season. It does them no good as these referees act like a gentleman's club. Upset one and you'll get your payback from the others.
You’d probably have none if all clubs wanted to ban officials who made a bad on pitch decision without the aid of VAR tbh !

Suspect every club has been affected .

TbH it was harsh of course but seen players sent off before for winning the ball but taking the man .

I think the issue was the distance between getting the ball and making contact with Smith .

Last edited:
Christ alive. Talk about living in the past. They really still believe they’re a big club and they’ve just sacked the manager who took them back to the big league. I almost feel sorry for the poor delusional bàstards.

I finished watching the replay this morning (traveling in Texas yesterday) and my findings are as follow:
1) The sending off of Boly was a terrible decision.
2) The commentator (Birtles? I rely upon this board to identify most of these guys.) was the worst.
3) The Smith handball thing was never a penalty (arm outside the box) and arguably not even handball on time and distance grounds.
4) What even is the point of VAR as constituted?
5) Good on O. Dango for filling in admirably at left back. Hopefully not something that has to persist.
6) I observed Iraola conferring at times with someone who has "PS" on his jacket. Would that be his No. 2? I thought the guy's name was Godot.
7) Kind of a muted attacking performance, but for ONE MAN. Maybe a guy that should be marked pretty closely.
Re Dango left back. I have not been overly impressed with his forward play in previous matches. Maybe he is better suited to a left back role. Within the A.I. system, he would still have plenty of freedom to get forward and keep the press high

His clash of heads with Adam Smith didn't exactly look like an accident either. I thought he deliberately thrust his head at Smith. He's one of those horrible gits who always seems to get away with dirty tricks.

he does apppear to be the 'full blooded' type of midfielder, looking at his attributes on fm24...

Forest were not happy that Keith Stroud was going to be referee Blackburn Rovers v Bournemouth towards few games left in promotion year. Day before game they managed to get referee changed . We're we then appointed Rob Jones for that game

Forest were not happy that Keith Stroud was going to be referee Blackburn Rovers v Bournemouth towards few games left in promotion year. Day before game they managed to get referee changed . We're we then appointed Rob Jones for that game

they don't seem happy about much when it comes to games involving us. not even grateful for Surridge development we invested years into.

You’d probably have none if all clubs wanted to ban officials who made a bad on pitch decision without the aid of VAR tbh !

Suspect every club has been affected .

TbH it was harsh of course but seen players sent off before for winning the ball but taking the man .

I think the issue was the distance between getting the ball and making contact with Smith .
Had the ref brandished a second yellow I don't think there would be as much discussion.

The only thing the ref messed yp with was how he dished the cards out.

Was never a straight red, but because he didn't show the second yellow, everyone thought it was a straight red.

Negligible decision, but the ref made it look like he was straight redding him, when he wasn't.

;