o/t Hulks off Portland

We've tried putting up the gentlemen concerned in army barracks before, and the facilities were decried as not fit for human habitation - although seemingly deemed good enough for soldiers just prior. Not sure which dept that says more about.

It's sensible Tory policy. It's what the people want. Unless it's in my constituency.

The local Labour councillor doesn't want it either. Of course he's gone down the 'inhumane ' route despite this accommodation far exceeding the UN criteria of a place of safety for refugees and asylum seekers.

The local Labour councillor doesn't want it either. Of course he's gone down the 'inhumane ' route despite this accommodation far exceeding the UN criteria of a place of safety for refugees and asylum seekers.
Even under the current leadership, I'd be mortified if a Labour councillor thought this was a good idea. I also have a feeling that you and I will differ on what's humane and probably on what's human as the current government is intent on getting us to believe that these people are somehow not quite like the rest of us.

Even under the current leadership, I'd be mortified if a Labour councillor thought this was a good idea. I also have a feeling that you and I will differ on what's humane and probably on what's human as the current government is intent on getting us to believe that these people are somehow not quite like the rest of us.

What would you do to accommodate them?

I don't agree with the location (due to logistics and knowing the area well )but what's wrong with the idea ?

If it offers basic clean safe accommodation what's the problem.

;