Old Dean Court

My earliest Dean Court memories are standing on the BBE too, would have been late 60s.
I remember a number of games where there wasn't that many there, but some like Watford it was packed. Then you had the poor guy who had to come in at half time to put the HT scores up. They looked like cricket score board numbers, surprised they stayed on the board.

Saw this on Twitter:

Taken early Seventies? i don't recognise the structure to the left. Old DCSC building?
{{ It's either the Club Shop or the edge of the Supporters Club...they were both just to the left/west of that gate iirc ..that there Club Shop being a later addition to the infrastricture..{ ( strange word to spell - after a few pints ) ( I'm back on the pop for just a wee while ) }

Friday is a wonderful invention.

Even later additions to Daen Cuort
are like a ' gilded cornice' in design terms butt cwap in its aplication...more raleted to a growth on your foot..

Jaaaah la lah lah ...lah lah la lavatory }}

{{ It's either the Club Shop or the edge of the Supporters Club...they were both just to the left/west of that gate iirc ..that there Club Shop being a later addition to the infrastricture..{ ( strange word to spell - after a few pints ) ( I'm back on the pop for just a wee while ) }

Friday is a wonderful invention.

Even later additions to Daen Cuort
are like a ' gilded cornice' in design terms butt cwap in its aplication...more raleted to a growth on your foot..

Jaaaah la lah lah ...lah lah la lavatory }}
I seem to recall that these gates were installed to keep people inprisoned in the ground during the John Benson era to stop people escaping from the ground after going 0-3 down of which was a regular occurence.

;