On A Positive Note

billythekid

UTC Legend
Even though we lost today the team played well and Eddie mentioned it would have been our best PL performance if it had remained 1-0.

Josh King looks to have found his form again and has now scored in consecutive games (one in the cup).

So our team after the rumours about 'problems in the ranks', have got back on track and form even though we lost today.

Seems like a Man City performance again, let's just hope we win against Leicester.

Performances have definitely improved since City, such as in midfield Surman probably our best player today (and once agaain clearing off the line) and our best midfielder last week. Smith was also good today, as well as King who grabbed the goal.
An overall positive performance and a shame we lost, in my opinion, Everton were quite lucky considering how well we played in the second half (mind the subs), now just cross our fingers and hope we can beat Leicester (we're unbeaten against them in the PL).

Think we were unlucky to have two strikers subbed within 4 minutes of each other. Niasse scored his first shortly after Defoe went off and his second shortly after King went off limping according to Solent.

Keep that level up against the lesser lights of the league and we'll be fine.

Although Everton aren't top drawer they aren't that far off so to go away there and perform well is a positive sign. As someone else said on here, the real test of our mettle will be in the run of easier games from mid Oct through to around mid-December when we have a horrible run again.

Excluding the Chelsea game, there are seven games in which we should be going for the win. Of course we won't win them all but pick up a sizeable points tally and this tough start will be forgotten.

Positives?

We have a much better goal difference from the same fixtures last year and only 1 point different.

So all the poor kids calling for Eddies head on twitter are only really angry at the fixture list and not our actual results as I'm sure they'd be happy with 9th again.

...let's not bury our collective heads in the sand....we are not good enough at present to stay in this league...Everton were a team in poor form and we let them beat us in 13 minutes from a losing position....and the teams confidence will not be great after that...Howe and the coaching staff must think hard about our tactics and how we defend a lead?...otherwise we are going down this season, maybe we don't have the personnel in the squad?

Just back

We dominated that game. Tremendous performance apart from the baffling substitution.

The positives are that things are improving game on game.

To the tw at who chucked two bottles at the Everton fans I hope you they keep you overnight in the bridewell you bellend

I was crushed that we lost in the final minutes, but really:

Our fixture list thus far has been tougher than almost every other team.

Apart from losing to Watford (which we would have probably taken a point from), which of our matches so far would we say we should have got something from?
We nearly nicked a point from Man City, and could have reasonably had 3 from Everton. But on paper, all the other matches (apart from Brighton, which we won) we would not have expected to get anything.

canadiancherry - 24/9/2017 12:21

I was crushed that we lost in the final minutes, but really:

Our fixture list thus far has been tougher than almost every other team.

Apart from losing to Watford (which we would have probably taken a point from), which of our matches so far would we say we should have got something from?
We nearly nicked a point from Man City, and could have reasonably had 3 from Everton. But on paper, all the other matches (apart from Brighton, which we won) we would not have expected to get anything.

Tough run albeit not as tough as Everton, who are in false position. If we had played and lost to Swansea palace and West Ham then I would more more worried. Unfortunately losing creates new pressures so need to beat Leicester next.

;