On this day 10 April

RobTrent

UTC Legend
1993 (Non) Bridport 0 V 1 Warminster (Western League.

2001 This game had previously been postponed twice, and at the final whistle, following a 1-2 home defeat by Reading, AFCB fans were wishing it hadn’t been played at all. Defoe scored but I think he also got an ‘assist’ for a back pass to a Reading defender. Attendance: 6,603.

2015 What a game. Yann Kermorgant scored a beautiful free-kick and set up Callum Wilson to finish superbly as AFCB brought the dream of the Premier League closer with this 2-0 win at Brighton. I remember being told that the “Yann Kermorgant” chant was getting boring by a disgruntled Albion fan on the train back to Shoreham.
Attendance: 25,919.

1993 (Non) Bridport 0 V 1 Warminster (Western League.

2001 This game had previously been postponed twice, and at the final whistle, following a 1-2 home defeat by Reading, AFCB fans were wishing it hadn’t been played at all. Defoe scored but I think he also got an ‘assist’ for a back pass to a Reading defender. Attendance: 6,603.

2015 What a game. Yann Kermorgant scored a beautiful free-kick and set up Callum Wilson to finish superbly as AFCB brought the dream of the Premier League closer with this 2-0 win at Brighton. I remember being told that the “Yann Kermorgant” chant was getting boring by a disgruntled Albion fan on the train back to Shoreham.
Attendance: 25,919.
We didn’t play well at Brighton- had to dig in and battle ( present team take note )
But we had that real class up front when we needed it - two quality goals and a very mental away end :utc::wahey:

Thank you for posting the video, Rob, I had forgotten just how good Wilson's goal was. It topped off a rather nervous night and paved the way for one of the most anxious 90 minutes I can recall on our "our big day out" the following week.

;