On this day 11 April

RobTrent

UTC Legend
Not many, but quite a few tomorrow:

1987 AFCB 1 (Cooke) V 0 Walsall. Attendance: 8,626.

1992 Shrewsbury 1 V 2 (Quinn, Ekoku) AFCB. Attendance: 2,586.

2009 Nerves being tested as AFCB lose 0-1 at Barnet. Attendance 3,133.

That Walsall game was a tense affair but showed the light that was possible and achieved!

The Barnet game was up there with the worst. The worst being Barnet at home a few years later!!

That Walsall game was a tense affair but showed the light that was possible and achieved!

The Barnet game was up there with the worst. The worst being Barnet at home a few years later!!

You're spot on! That Walsall game was VERY tense. Richard Cooke scored very early on and we just couldn't get a 2nd. Then Walsall "equalised" only for it to be eventually disallowed for a foul in the build up.

Neil - I think you may have got mixed up with Barnet games. The Barnet home game that you refer to as being "the worst" (I agree!) was 28th December 2008, Quinn's last game in charge, and this was actually in the same season as the away game Rob refers to in this post

You're spot on! That Walsall game was VERY tense. Richard Cooke scored very early on and we just couldn't get a 2nd. Then Walsall "equalised" only for it to be eventually disallowed for a foul in the build up.

Neil - I think you may have got mixed up with Barnet games. The Barnet home game that you refer to as being "the worst" (I agree!) was 28th December 2008, Quinn's last game in charge, and this was actually in the same season as the away game Rob refers to in this post

Ahhh... those Barnet games blurring into one! I remember a really bad game stood on the terrace that went along the pitch. I also remember a bad game there behind the goal. I know I missed the 3-0 win there when Fletch scored...so it has always been a miserable day out for me!

Funny how some grounds hold bad memories and some good. I have had the reverse at Sheffield Wednesday as I missed the 0-3 but saw all the draws and victories.

And as for St Andrews....

;