On this day 22nd August

RobTrent

UTC Legend
Two games, two wins!

2015: Rather like Sheffield United in 87, West Ham away will live long in the memory. Played at a ‘proper’ ground, rather than the nightmare that is the London Stadium, AFCB fans saw a 4-3 victory in their first ever Premier League away game.

AFCB raced into a two goal lead, thanks to a brace from Callum Wilson. The Hammers had levelled shortly after the break, and then a goal from Pugh put AFCB back in front. A Callum penalty gave him a hat-trick. West Ham scored once more to set up a nervy finish. What a day. Crowd: 34,977.

1987: I think it was two wins from two as AFCB beat Bradford City in our first Division 2 game. David Armstrong scored from the spot and Carl Richards got the second. Crowd: A poor 7,407 thanks to AFCBs ‘innovative’ membership scheme.

Ah, the membership scheme, great idea ,dreamed up by Brian Tiler I believe. ...........soon disappeared into the mists of time

Two games, two wins!

2015: Rather like Sheffield United in 87, West Ham away will live long in the memory. Played at a ‘proper’ ground, rather than the nightmare that is the London Stadium, AFCB fans saw a 4-3 victory in their first ever Premier League away game.

AFCB raced into a two goal lead, thanks to a brace from Callum Wilson. The Hammers had levelled shortly after the break, and then a goal from Pugh put AFCB back in front. A Callum penalty gave him a hat-trick. West Ham scored once more to set up a nervy finish. What a day. Crowd: 34,977.

1987: I think it was two wins from two as AFCB beat Bradford City in our first Division 2 game. David Armstrong scored from the spot and Carl Richards got the second. Crowd: A poor 7,407 thanks to AFCBs ‘innovative’ membership scheme.

It was our first Premier League win - but I thought we had lost 1-0 away at Liverpool before this? (perfectly good Tommy Elfick goal disallowed, offside scouser goal given!)

Two games, two wins!

Match report

Bradford 87.png

...yeah seem to remember that the 'membership system' worked well when a few years later we played Dirty Leeds!!

I was a Thatcherite.....but this government interference in the national games was outrageous!!

22nd August 1971 we beat Grimsby 2-1 at home. Cannot remember who our scorers were, but a fair bet that it was brace from Ted. I do know that the programme cost a whole shilling.

Two games, two wins!

Could not agree more with everything in this post.

Two amazing matches played on this date, two great wins and each significant in its own way.

The Bradford game featured a streak of wind called Ian Ormandroyd, think Peter Crouch's taller, skinnier brother you youngsters. Anyway, they had a corner at the South End and Willow stood in front of him and then backed onto his toes whilst simultaneously Paul Morrell rabbit punched him in the kidneys. Ormandroyd falls like a Norwegian Pine, the referee sees nothing and Willow and Morrell run off laughing like schoolboys. Couldn't do that with V.A.R.

Two games, two wins!

Scorcher. Shorts and t shirt day. Kept stopping for water breaks much to the disgust of the Hammer’s fans. They soon turned their ire from the the ref. to Bilic though. Much like last Saturday :wahey:

;