On this day 5 April

RobTrent

UTC Legend
1980 Although at college in Leatherhead I managed to get myself from the station, into Waterloo then down to a waiting Yellow Taxi to see Don Givens get a hat-trick as AFCB beat Aldershot 3-1. And then I made it back thankfully. No PAs in them days! Attendance: 3,757.

1986 AFCB 1 (Beck) V 3 Plymouth. Attendance: 5,351.

1994 AFCB 0 V 0 Rotherham. Attendance: 3,907.

2014 An eventful game with goals from Tommy Elphick and Lewis Grabban (his 20th). Harry Arter was sent off 20 minutes from time. Brett came on as a very late sub and headed off the line from a corner (well not directly but you get my drift). Result? AFCB 2 V 1 QPR. Attendance: 11,307.

1980 Although at college in Leatherhead I managed to get myself from the station, into Waterloo then down to a waiting Yellow Taxi to see Don Givens get a hat-trick as AFCB beat Aldershot 3-1. And then I made it back thankfully. No PAs in them days! Attendance: 3,757.

2014 An eventful game with goals from Tommy Elphick and Lewis Grabban (his 20th). Harry Arter was sent off 20 minutes from time. Brett came on as a very late sub and headed off the line from a corner (well not directly but you get my drift). Result? AFCB 2 V 1 QPR. Attendance: 11,307.
remember that game so clearly, Brett’s clearance was as welcome as either of the goals! Sadly not included in these highlights, but if you want to see the goals, and the red card, here you go!

2008 Liberty Stadium, but seems like yesterday.
Two very late goals from Joe Partington and Jo Kuffour.
Managerless Bournemouth gain a shock win against the leaders Swansea.
Attendance 15,613 - 226 from BournemouthView attachment 1727

And that was one of my favourite away games ever.

The whole day was set up for a party. TV from all the channels were present. No one fancied us at all, I'm not sure some of their fans even knew who they were supposed to be playing.

I parked in a side street and, while walking back to the car afterwards, I could hear them moaning. They were absolutely seething... and all the while I was struggling to supress my laughter!

Great game v QPR - right old ding dong!

I was only reading the other day about that QPR game in Meldrums book The fall and rise of AFCB. Great piece from Simon Francis saying how after the game Tommy Elphick gathered everyone round in the changing room and basically said with 10 men we have just beaten the best this league can offer, next season we can win it the league. Franno reckoned it was truly inspirational stuff from Tommy - a real leader on and off the pitch.

I was only reading the other day about that QPR game in Meldrums book The fall and rise of AFCB. Great piece from Simon Francis saying how after the game Tommy Elphick gathered everyone round in the changing room and basically said with 10 men we have just beaten the best this league can offer, next season we can win it the league. Franno reckoned it was truly inspirational stuff from Tommy - a real leader on and off the pitch.
Just look at that still pic from the video above.....shows exactly what Tommy gave us. Still miss his passion

The Rotherham game in 94 was the last game for me that season I could not stomach Pulis brand of football any more.I had been working in London that day and rushed back,wish I hadn't bothered it was the worst 90 minutes of football I have witnessed.I vowed never to go back while he was in charge thankfully he was gone before next season had started.

The Rotherham game in 94 was the last game for me that season I could not stomach Pulis brand of football any more.I had been working in London that day and rushed back,wish I hadn't bothered it was the worst 90 minutes of football I have witnessed.I vowed never to go back while he was in charge thankfully he was gone before next season had started.
He made a few of us feel like that Kev1964

;