On this day 6th September

RobTrent

UTC Legend
Well, unless I’ve got database blindness (probably), I cannot find any AFCB game on this date. The only games I could find are these:

1986: Non - The beauty of a trip to the West Country meant that I could see two games on the same day, and it most definitely had nothing to do with tv schedules. In 1986 I saw Exeter win 4-0 at home to Stockport County and immediately after that went and saw Torquay United play an evening game, beating Wrexham 2-1.

Perhaps you saw a game on this day?

I'm no good with dates, but I searched a different database, and having seen it pop up I do recall popping from Derby to Meadow Lane to watch us draw one each with County exactly ten years ago. Well the database says it was that date, I could be wrong. That international break (and going out of cup in first round almost every year before that) is gonna play right havoc with some weekends

edit: thinking about it we were still on minus how many, Rotherham were on a blinder, felt like a missed opportunity, there was a big plastic owl above us in the eaves of the stand (presumably to keep the pigeons away) and I met some angry old bloke on a motorcycle (with hindsight, might have been leaper, but seemed taller)

Last edited:
On this day in both 1986 and 2008, we drew 1-1 away at Notts County.

2003: a very dull 0-0 home draw against Bristol City in a lunchtime kickoff televised by Sky.

;