On this day 8 April

RobTrent

UTC Legend
1978 (Non) Coventry 3 V 2 Everton. Attendance: 26,025.

1988 Ground No. 4. Stayed in a hotel following a 2-1 (Cooke, penalty) defeat at Gay Meadow Shrewsbury, thus enabling another new ground the next day. Attendance: 7,106.

1989 AFCB 0 V 1 Watford. Attendance: 9,766.

1995 Two penalties from Scott Mean without reply give AFCB a 2-0 win over Wycombe who I think were going quite well. Was this the one where Martin O’Neill was sent off? Attendance: 8,615.

2000 AFCB 3 (Stein, Fletcher, Elliott) V Oldham. Attendance: 3,808.

2014 At the time this was possibly one of the best performances I’d seen as AFCB swept aside Reading 3-1. On target that night were Ritchie (2) and Kermorgant. Attendance: 11,182.

I got married.. 24 years ago. Still married and still remember the happiest point of the day finding out Cherries had won, in the original great escape season...

Yes, Martin O'Neill had a complete meltdown after the award of the 2nd penalty and was sent to the stands. Wycombe in the playoffs at the time.

The game v Watford was another “ we always get s&&t refs “ game - his name was Alan Seville and the OHEC headline on the Monday was “ Seville War “ .
An endless stream of bad decisions against us and the South Stand was furious at him as we lost another game , slipping away from the playoffs....

;