Onfield Leadership

Coughlin

Reserves
Still seems lacking. Surely the team should be aware when opposition make a HT change and plan ahead. No one seemed to notice Mitoma slip on for Ferguson and take up a completely different role. Unmarked twice 2 easy goals!! Whose job is it to think ahead? The Captain? Cook, Billing, Christie all highly experienced midfielders? Or can't be bothered - oh well look he just scored!

Neto from his position on the pitch should be able to have a good view of what is going on and dictate instructions, he is the captain and probably our most experienced player on the pitch.

From what I could see the second was just a monumental cock up from a training ground kick off routine ,the third they just hit us on the break after we pushed for an equaliser.
Collective naivety.

Still seems lacking. Surely the team should be aware when opposition make a HT change and plan ahead. No one seemed to notice Mitoma slip on for Ferguson and take up a completely different role. Unmarked twice 2 easy goals!! Whose job is it to think ahead? The Captain? Cook, Billing, Christie all highly experienced midfielders? Or can't be bothered - oh well look he just scored!
Imo we really needed an experienced leader type centre half in over the Summer to hold the back four together. I was against signing Stephens as I thought we could do better, but this was when I assumed we would be recruiting a similar type. For all his faults, we do not stay up last season without him. I believe the lack of this kind of signing is going to be very costly.

Imo we really needed an experienced leader type centre half in over the Summer to hold the back four together. I was against signing Stephens as I thought we could do better, but this was when I assumed we would be recruiting a similar type. For all his faults, we do not stay up last season without him. I believe the lack of this kind of signing is going to be very costly.

How costly?

;