Oostende - another club to Foley's stable?

Seems the speculation regarding this one has resurfaced…

From the interview with the podcast, Foley mentioned five clubs in his group, this one would sit right in the middle of the ladder.

AFCB
Lorient
Oostende
“Scottish club”
Auckland

Think you’ve got the last two the wrong way round……

Unless I’ve missed a joke(?) I was going by this article…

He reaffirmed his previously-declared interest in investing in Belgium, but revealed new interest in Scotland, saying BKFE was “working towards [becoming a minority investor] with a particular team”.

An A-Leagues club would sit at the bottom of the pyramid Foley has referenced, but a number of Australian and New Zealand players and coaches have moved to Scotland as their first destination in Europe in recent years, a pathway BKFE could seek to prosper from.

Unless I’ve missed a joke(?) I was going by this article…

He reaffirmed his previously-declared interest in investing in Belgium, but revealed new interest in Scotland, saying BKFE was “working towards [becoming a minority investor] with a particular team”.

An A-Leagues club would sit at the bottom of the pyramid Foley has referenced, but a number of Australian and New Zealand players and coaches have moved to Scotland as their first destination in Europe in recent years, a pathway BKFE could seek to prosper from.

I suspect Scottish football is the joke.

Interesting that Foley will gradually completely take over Lorient.

Whilst not a fan of the model, it is just the way modern day football is now and will grow even further.

Being blasé about it is easier because in this moment in history we’ve found ourselves at the top of the ladder.

But with that in mind I am intrigued to see how a four or five club model works with players being shunted around the globe.

If you’re used to your surroundings in New Zealand are you really going to be overly excited about a move to Scotland…or vice versa? Will be interesting to see how it works in practice. How many players moving up and down the ladders and how frequent?

Can't see the point of a New Zealand model, unless it's for financial purposes only.

New Zealand is hardly a breeding ground of talented players who make it in the English leagues.

;