Our defence

Big fan of the switch to counterattacking football this season. Much more explosive, like we were in the Championship
Ironically of the (then) fab 4, it was only Wilson who actually had any pace in attack. I’d actually say our football in the Championship was more swashbuckling than explosive. We just attacked with so many numbers and so much quality the opposition was overwhelmed.

In our first 3 PL seasons, in relative terms, the attacking quality wasn’t there. We had to continue to throw numbers forward to compensate and left exposed.

This is our first PL season with a genuine new fab 4. The counterattacking exists because we can now attack efficiently with just 4 players. It has made us stronger defensively even if mental fragility away from home means it’s not reflected in our goals against record yet.

Ironically of the (then) fab 4, it was only Wilson who actually had any pace in attack. I’d actually say our football in the Championship was more swashbuckling than explosive. We just attacked with so many numbers and so much quality the opposition was overwhelmed.

In our first 3 PL seasons, in relative terms, the attacking quality wasn’t there. We had to continue to throw numbers forward to compensate and left exposed.

This is our first PL season with a genuine new fab 4. The counterattacking exists because we can now attack efficiently with just 4 players. It has made us stronger defensively even if mental fragility away from home means it’s not reflected in our goals against record yet.

Swashbuckling was the word. Always liked “goal robots” too

It remains to be seen whether this will be our best ever season but to date the Fab Four’s Premier League stats are already exceptional, particularly bearing in mind that Wilson and Brooks have each missed a number of matches:

Wilson, 11 goals & 6 assists in 22 appearances
King, 9 goals & 3 assists in 27 appearances
Brooks, 6 goals & 4 assists in 24 appearances
Fraser, 6 goals & 10 assists in 30 appearances

How many points from losing positions did we drop that season? I swear it was something ridiculous like 21.

That's the only regret I have with that season; that our total points tally didn't reflect just how much better than the other teams we were. I think we could easily have broken the 100 point barrier. Either way, IMO that team that went up has to go down as one of the best teams to win the Championship. Period.

How many points from losing positions did we drop that season? I swear it was something ridiculous like 21.

That's the only regret I have with that season; that our total points tally didn't reflect just how much better than the other teams we were. I think we could easily have broken the 100 point barrier. Either way, IMO that team that went up has to go down as one of the best teams to win the Championship. Period.

And the times when we battered teams and lost (Forest at home, for example), as well as the robbery carried out by the ref at Cardiff disallowing Callum's goal.

Agree, we were something special that year, I saw performances I'd never seen before and may never again, I feel very lucky to have witnessed most of the away games.

Still can't believe we only won the damn thing on the last day, though.

Some of Leeds play this year has been good in a similar style, but I still think we were a class apart

Certainly per £ of cost. The FFP stigma masks how little money was spent on transfers with even Callum covered by selling grabban.

;