Our Fans

Disagree. They had NOTHING to go off first half today, it was embarrassing. Reminding the players how unacceptable it was was probably what was needed. That backwards free kick was a shambles. When the players woke up 2nd half the crowd reacted and were excellent today. Played a part in the 3 points.

Also I think the booing that continued after that backwards pass was then from the Stoke fans, not continuous booing from Bournemouth fans, watched on stream though so might be wrong.

Disagree. They had NOTHING to go off first half today, it was embarrassing. Reminding the players how unacceptable it was was probably what was needed. That backwards free kick was a shambles. When the players woke up 2nd half the crowd reacted and were excellent today. Played a part in the 3 points.

Like I said, I completely empathise, but at the very least save it for the half time whistle, surely? There were points where we jeering when we were literally pushing forward with the ball.

Also I think the booing that continued after that backwards pass was then from the Stoke fans, not continuous booing from Bournemouth fans, watched on stream though so might be wrong.

You might be right tbf; I personally just don’t really enjoy hearing it unless it’s a real train wreck. Which you could argue it was I suppose.

Negativity on the pitch will bring negativity and frustration from the stands. Continuosly playing ourselves into trouble at the back creates tension in the crowd that makes the players tense up and make more mistakes. When we look to attack the crowd gets drawn in, the noise picks up. Bar the last 10 minutes or so there wasn't really anything to get the crowd going. We can be a very dull team to watch at times

The spontaneous boos at the backwards free kick were just that, spontaneously and borne out of frustration. I don't boo but can understand why some did. We played well for maybe 20 minutes today. 10 in the first half which saw no goal attempts. 10 maybe 15 in the second half. All tnw in-between stuff was dire.

To add. We'd already seen a succession of misplaced passes under no pressure. No one booed or criticised, but there's always a point where patience runs out.

Parker says we have a young team. It is also made up of many experienced players. They should be able to cope with the odd boo.

I didn’t boo, but when you get to the point that even our goal kicks are being played backwards you have to understand the frustration around the ground.

I like the playing out from the back and drawing the opposition in for space further up…but if you look lackadaisical, have no options to play it forward and are just plain slow you’re going to get caught out.

I thought the booing was poor tbh. Yes, it wasn't a great performance but how does booing help ? I agree the team drives the fans but theres a difference between frustrated silence and booing, and I thought our performance dipped further first half because of it - and when you've got people immediately shouting 'forward' at Kelly when he's just received a high ball, trying to bring it under control facing his own goal I just shake my head !

Only slight booing I heard from my position near the front of the MS just to the NS side of the dugouts was at half-time.

Heard a lot of frustration from the people around me in the first half and especially after mistakes gave them the opportunity of their goal.

Think on the whole from what we saw over 96 minutes today, our crowd were quite restrained.

The booing I heard came from the Stoke fans, they hated the ref and some of our players.
difficult to hear our fans until the second half when we were really attacking them.

The North stand seemed to get behind the team most of the match. Can't remember any booing but as everyone says difficult to get excited when we aren't creating anything.

Loud at points but when did we turn so incredibly fickle? Booing the players when they’re on the ball, 30 minutes in, just because the football isn’t setting the world alight? I completely understand the frustration but it’s a bit embarrassing.
Not sure any fan booed the players. Think it was the negative coaching

Definitely heard some booing coming from the North stand in the first half. Not sure how I feel about it tbh, on one hand I’m not sure it is going to help, on the other hand how can you expect people to react when we are playing so intentionally negative at 1-0 down? Can understand both sides of the argument on this one.

;