Our friends ( the runners-up )

corfe_red

Fans' Favourite
are a bit worried about the coming season, plus some normally ridiculous statements about the " Muff " :lovers:

http://www.wfcforums.com/showthread.php?58448-Who-s-going-down

It's interesting how other teams see us ,some thinking that our business so far in the transfer window has been bad.
I am actually happy with it ,but a bit concerned that we have virtually the same back line and keeper that had the third worst defensive record in the Premier League last season....

'The Bookies love in with us' because they are well renowned for giving money away when they think we are really going down. You couldn't make it up.

I couldnt give a toss if they havent been impressed with EH business so far either.

Let's face it, we have the polar opposite recruitment policy to Watford. We get in young mostly English lads who Howe can work with over a long term, sometimes paying a premium for it. Watford recruit a flurry of foreign imports who are cheaper but half of whom end up not playing a single game and get flogged again the next season. And without knowing who the manager is from one season to the next, or one month to the next even.

Hard to find two clubs further apart in their route to success. Who gives a fig what they think, the proof will be in the pudding :)

We've had the last laugh before...

One chap said we had nearly spent all the PL money already. Wonder how he figured that out, when you take into account the players we've sold and we've spent about 12/13 million ??

I also agree, those that mock our transfer spending and policy obviously would rather just take punts on foreign players none of them had heard of before.

So who do you think are going down this season?

Hull look to be in turmoil. It might bring out an us against the world mentality if they bring in the right manager but it is hard to see them staying up from this starting position.

Burnley don't appear to have strengthened at all and it is hard to see them succeeding in what is probably a much tougher league than the one they left two seasons ago. Like that season I think they will really struggle to score enough goals to get a significant number of points.

Allardyce bought very well in the January transfer window and, even if Moyes isn't able to bring anyone else in, he might be able to bring the best out of the squad he has inherited. But if he in any way falls short of that I think they will be in trouble again.

Swansea seem weaker than last year and could well struggle I think.

As Watford fans themselves say, who knows what our dear friends the plastic cockneys will be like.

We will let in goals again but should have enough creativity to get enough goals in winnable games to reach 40 plus points.

The 3 obvious relegation candidates are Watford, Swansea and Hull.

For whatever reason I think this might be the time Burnley survive. That's just a hunch though. I feel Boro could implode given their recruitment and Sunderland are always there or thereabouts.

That leaves AFCB, WBA and Palace in the should be safe but no one is too good to go down. All 3 will be looking over their shoulder for much of the season.

As a dark horse I can see Southampton getting dragged in. They are so used to selling their top players, getting written off but ultimately improving they might get complacent. With a new manager who doesn't know the league - there is at least scope for meltdown.

Gianfranco Zola is now apparently favourite to take over at Hull. Nice guy, but he won't keep them up.

I would most certainly love to see Watford go down but sadly, I can't see them being too troubled again. You would look at Hull as being most in danger right now of 'doing a Villa', I think they were lucky to even come up last season at all.
I'd quite like to see Burnley stay up, I think Dyche is a decent manager....but as it stands, I think they are also in big danger of the bottom three.
I'd also like to see Middlesbrough down there, for the main reason being, it's a dull club really. And a lot of their fans don't like us. But like Watford, I don't see them finishing in the bottom three annoyingly.
So....could be Sunderland....possibly West Brom....Swansea....and I think we will probably be among the bottom eight but I think we have enough to stay afloat. Especially if a top class centre back suddenly emerges!

red_house - 1/8/2016 20:34

Tinpot Club - 1/8/2016 19:53

No chance Swansea..they really picked up towards the end

Indeed they did and I probably didn't mean to say obvious either. However, I remain unconvinced by their manager and I don't see much quality in their squad - especially if Ayew and Williams leave.

"Hull,Burnley,Middlesbrough or Sunderland going down.Watford play 352 and Fight for top six,and I am not joking."

My god I know Leicester won the league so anything is possible but how rose tinted do your glasses have to be to think Watford fights for top 6???

AFCB+TFC - 2/8/2016 00:35

"Hull,Burnley,Middlesbrough or Sunderland going down.Watford play 352 and Fight for top six,and I am not joking."

My god I know Leicester won the league so anything is possible but how rose tinted do your glasses have to be to think Watford fights for top 6???

They had a whole thread dedicated to Champions League qualification last season.

Bless.

NWCherries98 - 2/8/2016 00:43

AFCB+TFC - 2/8/2016 00:35

They had a whole thread dedicated to Champions League qualification last season.

Bless.

Must have been great to witness it slowly turn into a potential relegation thread near the end of the season :hihi:

Hate to be the harbinger of doom but I'd go Hull, Boro, us
Unless we get a couple more defenders in, we could easily struggle if we get a couple of injuries/ suspensions and we were shipping goals for fun at the end of last season.
Last season we started with the confidence of being champions behind us. This year we start with the confidence of ...err, being hammered several times

Silent AFCB - 2/8/2016 07:30

red_house - 1/8/2016 23:34

Tinpot Club - 1/8/2016 19:53

No chance Swansea..they really picked up towards the end

They've lost Gomis and Ashley Williams looks like he's off to Everton.

West Ham want Andre Ayew too.

Whilst Swansea is not an obvious choice, I think if they lose Williams then they will struggle.

drd - 2/8/2016 08:01

Hate to be the harbinger of doom but I'd go Hull, Boro, us
Unless we get a couple more defenders in, we could easily struggle if we get a couple of injuries/ suspensions and we were shipping goals for fun at the end of last season.
Last season we started with the confidence of being champions behind us. This year we start with the confidence of ...err, being hammered several times

I hope you're wrong but I also expect us to be right in the mix. We went out with a whimper at the end of last season. Not just by failing to pick up points but playing terrible football. Every season with EH in charge we have finished strongly and taken the momentum into the following season, this year that has been broken. I think we will stay up, but can also see a variation where we are 10 points adrift at the bottom at Christmas.

;