Our promotion chances…

afcb_rednblack

UTC Legend
…are in the balance. Not because of the performance and result today but because there’s been a slow decline since the extremely good start we had earlier in the season.

I think Parker is a good manager and he has an equally good team around him. We also have a very good squad, certainly talented and good enough at this level to compete and challenge, far more so than in 2014/15. However, while the 2014/15 squad lacked the talent they had incredible passion, commitment and togetherness, they fought for every crumb of opportunity and they fought for their teammates, the supporters and the club.

The only person that we had in this year’s squad with the passion we need is now at Nottingham Forest. Fairly or unfairly I am increasingly of the view that these players do not care as much; as talented as he is I think Kelly is a weak captain, there isn’t an ounce of passion from him emanating on the pitch and that sets the scene. Of the remainder perhaps Lerma, Stacey, and Christie at times, show something but as for the rest I’m not convinced that they really ‘want’ as much as Parker, the board, the club and the supporters really want.

I would far rather watch a Bournemouth team with passion and less talent, as we’ve seen what that kind of team can achieve. Hopefully there will be one or two signings that will bring about the change that’s needed on the pitch and then we’ll see the difference I’m sure.

We're not playing any worse than we did earlier in the season..... today's performance was on a par with our home win over Luton ......luck will only get us so far.
At times we are, but we lack the consistency we had and I think that’s largely related to the lack of passion as the season has progressed. .

Play offs I think.
Was jolly happy to think that at the beginning of the season.
Disappointed that we have seen our form dip somewhat but would settle for Play Offs again if this is the case.
With luck we’ll learn from last year and not throw away our last few league games.
Maintenance of good form at the end of the season is the key to success.

…are in the balance. Not because of the performance and result today but because there’s been a slow decline since the extremely good start we had earlier in the season.

I think Parker is a good manager and he has an equally good team around him. We also have a very good squad, certainly talented and good enough at this level to compete and challenge, far more so than in 2014/15. However, while the 2014/15 squad lacked the talent they had incredible passion, commitment and togetherness, they fought for every crumb of opportunity and they fought for their teammates, the supporters and the club.

The only person that we had in this year’s squad with the passion we need is now at Nottingham Forest. Fairly or unfairly I am increasingly of the view that these players do not care as much; as talented as he is I think Kelly is a weak captain, there isn’t an ounce of passion from him emanating on the pitch and that sets the scene. Of the remainder perhaps Lerma, Stacey, and Christie at times, show something but as for the rest I’m not convinced that they really ‘want’ as much as Parker, the board, the club and the supporters really want.

I would far rather watch a Bournemouth team with passion and less talent, as we’ve seen what that kind of team can achieve. Hopefully there will be one or two signings that will bring about the change that’s needed on the pitch and then we’ll see the difference I’m sure.

I don't disagree with a lot of this. It's there for the taking as I don't rate Blackburn that much and think they'll lose form. That said if we don't grow some backbone we'll rightly fall away like last season.

Disagree about Cook being the guy with the passion needed to gee the side up and force them to up their game - he was there the previous two seasons where they were even worse than they are now. They did come back from two down today after all.

I think we were spoilt a bit with the 14/15 team ethos and ethic. I doubt any of those players will experience the same again elsewhere. It was a bit special.
Some squads will have a real desire for the premier league that we can’t match, but I would hazard a guess that our levels are comparable to other teams relegated since we have been.
A joyless cherry is the result by comparing to the class of 14/15…in my mind.

We can not 'rate' Blackburn 'that much' ....as Derek says....but at present Black 'blinkin' Burn are Rating themselves....Derek, you could turn out to be right when the trawlers 'bring the catch in' ...but in the past...past Elite thinking has written off our competitors...like The Gas, Brighton and Gillingham..and we end up sitting with Aunt Sally in the Valley Cafe !

I don't think we did .....we saw out games like the reverse fixture because the opposition missed massive chances.....that's not solid defending.
if we are taking the view that the opposition let us off by missing massive chances should we not also be saying about the chances we missed, so if in a game we win 2-1 but we miss 3 big chances to score and they miss 3 big chances why does it mean we only held out because they didn't take there chances surely by that reasoning we should of still won? we can't just count chances the opposition don't score and say it was lucky we still won without also saying it was bad luck we didn't win by a bigger margin

if we are taking the view that the opposition let us off by missing massive chances should we not also be saying about the chances we missed, so if in a game we win 2-1 but we miss 3 big chances to score and they miss 3 big chances why does it mean we only held out because they didn't take there chances surely by that reasoning we should of still won? we can't just count chances the opposition don't score and say it was lucky we still won without also saying it was bad luck we didn't win by a bigger margin
I was answering a post from Derek regarding defending.

I was answering a post from Derek regarding defending.
your not the first person ( and might not be the first time you have said it) to mention about how we only went on our good run because the opposition missed big chances and you have to use that reasoning both ways, unless you only ever want to see the bad things

your not the first person ( and might not be the first time you have said it) to mention about how we only went on our good run because the opposition missed big chances and you have to use that reasoning both ways, unless you only ever want to see the bad things
Of course....you weigh up performances on the good and bad aspects of our play.....

Of course....you weigh up performances on the good and bad aspects of our play.....
yes I look for positives and also discuss the negatives, majority of people will see it that way of course there is a minority of people who will focus on the bad things all the time

;