Parker interview yesterday

Waz afcb

Fans' Favourite
Spoke about how he has been drilling it into the players all week to play with freedom and bravery, even when ahead. Said words to the effect that no result is worth hanging onto if we have to resort to playing like we did vs Reading in the second half. Also said that the intensity levels were far better yesterday and what we need to be like going forward.

He has received a lot of criticism (including from me) so it is only fair that he gets credit for this. I agree with every word that he said. You may argue that it should have happened sooner but at least he got there in the end. The proof of the pudding will now be whether we play with that same level of intensity and freedom in the run in.

The one thing for sure with us is that we never know what team is going to turn up in matches from awful to brilliant?…so great that we have destroyed one of the challengers to a top two place so well …but with a mid table side up next who knows?… that said IF we beat Fulham,Forest,Sheff Utd, Blackburn WBA and Middlesbrough we will be promoted!

Last edited:
Only Results matter.....and whether its long balls or slow crafted passing....its the goal poachers that cut it . Goals, goals, goals.
Pigs bladder over that line.

Supporting Boscombe is a unique thing.
You just support what is there...thats all you can do.
Those that attend games should scream and shout louder than Newcastle, Sunderland or Leeds Fans...roar the Cherries on ..full on for 95 minutes!

Those that are in Exile...just Gob Off and make Demands of the Hierarchy !

Only Results matter.....and whether its long balls or slow crafted passing....its the goal poachers that cut it . Goals, goals, goals.
Pigs bladder over that line.

Supporting Boscombe is a unique thing.
You just support what is there...thats all you can do.
Those that attend games should scream and shout louder than Newcastle, Sunderland or Leeds Fans...roar the Cherries on ..full on for 95 minutes!

Those that are in Exile...just Gob Off and make Demands of the Hierarchy !
Respectfully disagree. In order to get the results that you refer to then we need to play with that level of intensity and freedom. History has shown this season that we will often drop points in games in which this is absent.

Respectfully disagree. In order to get the results that you refer to then we need to play with that level of intensity and freedom. History has shown this season that we will often drop points in games in which this is absent.

Yes of course...I didn't include that because its an obvious requisite before you arrive in the box !
The level of intensity must match that of your passionate postings ! ( compliment)

SP interview - much more fluent and confident. He’s insistent about free-flowing football and also about the relationship with the fans. Very encouraging - now we have to get those Reading-style performances out of our system. Seems like it’s a mental issue - SP’s man-management skills being put to the test.

The only question I have is why hasnt he instructed such freedom before? It was well pointed out that the team looked so over coached from the sidelines at times that it was almost regimented in what they could and couldn’t do.

Long May it continue
Yes, but at least he got there in the end. (I hope)

…IF we go up and consider another season in The PL keeping the young players that we have in Anthony,Travers,Zemura,Stacey,KellySolanke,and Mepham along with those with some proven PL experience like Billing,Phillips,Cantwell, Cook, and Lerma then we could be in good position to stay up?…Wildcards like Dembele,Hill,Moore and Christie could also shine… I am hopeful that Scott has something to work with next time around!

…IF we go up and consider another season in The PL keeping the young players that we have in Anthony,Travers,Zemura,Stacey,KellySolanke,and Mepham along with those with some proven PL experience like Billing,Phillips,Cantwell, Cook, and Lerma then we could be in good position to stay up?…Wildcards like Dembele,Hill,Moore and Christie could also shine… I am hopeful that Scott has something to work with next time around!

Yep. I guess if we go up, we'll make some new additions too. I think Kelly will leave. Others struggling to get game time this season might well leave as well.

He's said pretty much the same thing after every match recently. He's wanted his side to express themselves, play more freely and play with freedom.

He's been very repetitive with that in his post-match comments.

SPs post match comments mean nothing....I don't see why its necessary to interview him....he won't say anything outrageous like when managers were 'their own men'...and chewed up journos..like the magnificently honest Clough and the imperious Ramsey !
Hodgson is the nearest we have to those old boys.

He's said pretty much the same thing after every match recently. He's wanted his side to express themselves, play more freely and play with freedom.

He's been very repetitive with that in his post-match comments.
That’s not true.

He said post match Posh that we were ‘very good’ in the 2nd half.

He said post Blackpool that we won because we tired them out with the way that we approached the game up until the point of the comeback. We were turgid in this game and only produced a come back because we threw the kitchen sink at them towards the end. His comments were pretty much the same post Stoke.

Post Preston he didn’t mention anything about playing more freely to my knowledge. His comments were directed at our inability to manage the game.

His post Reading comments were definitely a noticeable shift.

;