Parker will get success

Good write up, thanks for sharing. From the feedback we've seen elsewhere some FFC fans debate whether or not he has the style he's credited with, but I'm hopeful he'll get us playing the right way

...think that he will be judged when we start the season, difficult to pre-empt how things will turn out despite all the negatives from Fulham fans. History is littered with stories of managers who went on to gain success and proved fans wrong from past assumptions.

I can think of how Moyes has transformed West Ham after comparable failure in his past since leaving Everton....so we shall see how things transpire over the coming months with Scott. He must be given the chance to show AFCB what he can do?

Good article. However football is so fickle and only time will tell if Parker is the right choice. I certainly hope he is. Who's still in the squad with the expected comings and goings will be important. I hope he's got a good eye for bringing in some talent, if he's allowed to decide who to buy or loan.

Personally, I think that the appointment of Scott Parker is a positive one for Bournemouth.

I penned a little piece on why I think Parker will be a success on the South Coast and - touch wood - get Bournemouth back to the top flight this season.

Feel free to have a read below, and appreciate any feedback.

5 reasons why Parker will be a success
As someone who obviously has watched a lot of Fulham games why do you think they struggled to score goals ?......a miserable 27 goals last season and even a very average 64 in the championship doesn't exactly scream exciting football ....well imo anyway.....just like to know the thoughts of someone with an informed opinion.......TIA.

I am warming to Parker.
I like the fact that he looks like he'd rather be somewhere else :p
Too much laughing and joking was going on between the bosses and the players, I think a disciplinarian boss will get more out of them.
He just seems serious, not here for messing about.
And he wants his players to work hard, he knows what it takes to get promoted, they will probably listen to him. If they do, we should have a better team at the end of it. Definitely worth a shot. After EH left we really needed to start a new era ( rather than try to create an "EH Lite" era ) and with SP and his new crew we are definitely getting that.
Looking forward to seeing how this new approach works out for us !

As someone who obviously has watched a lot of Fulham games why do you think they struggled to score goals ?......a miserable 27 goals last season and even a very average 64 in the championship doesn't exactly scream exciting football ....well imo anyway.....just like to know the thoughts of someone with an informed opinion.......TIA.

I agree that on the face of it those stats alone don't suggest this adventurous, gun-ho manager.

Think it is very difficult to define his game on solely last season. Given their poor start, Parker showed a different edge to his game and a versatility to adapt slightly and be a little more conservative in the later-half of the campaign to try and let them be a little bit more solid at the back.

While 64 goals isn't a breathtaking amount, that Fulham side played some really good stuff and at times a little wasteful. I think this Cherries side is much better than the Fulham squad, especially in the forward areas if they can keep hold of Danjuma. If Parker can implement a similar brand of football, I think this Cherries side is much better-suited in being efficient in front of goal, so I would be aiming for 75-80 goals next term.

I agree that on the face of it those stats alone don't suggest this adventurous, gun-ho manager.

Think it is very difficult to define his game on solely last season. Given their poor start, Parker showed a different edge to his game and a versatility to adapt slightly and be a little more conservative in the later-half of the campaign to try and let them be a little bit more solid at the back.

While 64 goals isn't a breathtaking amount, that Fulham side played some really good stuff and at times a little wasteful. I think this Cherries side is much better than the Fulham squad, especially in the forward areas if they can keep hold of Danjuma. If Parker can implement a similar brand of football, I think this Cherries side is much better-suited in being efficient in front of goal, so I would be aiming for 75-80 goals next term.
Thanks for the reply......I"m trying to get on board with this appointment but a number of things just don't make any sense to me ......like how an attack minded coach with if not the best squad then certainly one of the best squads in the league with definitely the best goal scorer in the Championship can get outscored by teams who finished in mid table !....I mean we were terrible last season under two apparently defensive coaches yet still managed to score 77 goals......I just can"t think of any excuse for that.

...Scott will have a problem if/when we lose Danjuma and Stanislas goes, as we know we cannot rely on too many goals from Dom Solanke,David Brooks or Sam Surridge.

Luckily Phil Bill chipped in with a few too...but he also maybe off over thenext month or two if we get a PL offer?

I would say that a striker and attacking midfielder/winger is the priority for him to sort...but at least he has some time to get someone in before we kick off?

Lookman or Cavaliero would be good choices?

;