Passion for the club

oldcherrygit

Trialist
I do not post on here much but read the posts daily ,having been a Cherry supporter for over 60 years seen all the ups and downs ,along with all the mismanagement this team should be on paper be top based on there talent and so could value .However they along with the rest of the currant set up should think themselves very lucky .
Why are they lucky well teams before who put on a Bournemouth shirt played for the club many a week or month the whole club would pull together having not been paid for some times weeks and longer ,the supporters putting money into the club to just keeping it afloat from one match to the next ,yet we survived.
Those players and backroom staff match after match went out and played to try and win with pride ,yet we now seem to have a club who have tasted the high pinnacle of football ,wont play in case the become injured just a eye on a transfer and more money .
The other problem I have is after five years playing in the so called top league what has the club got to show for that time ,no ground we own ,no training ground ,just a lot of well off players .
A lot of people say this is not a football area just check out how many fans went to Wembley ,Cardiff and how many people turned out to see the parade ,trouble is fans old and most importantly young fans could not get tickets .
I am a life long fan and would support my club through anything but something is not right what I have no idea we just seem to be going through a period of what was and it is about time the board and players took some reasonability.

I totally agree, I do feel a lot of supporters have forgot exactly who AFC Bournemouth are as a club and have this horrible attitude that we are owed Premier League football after tasting it for 5 seasons. I commented at the start of the season that I felt finishing in the top 6 would be a massive achievement in what is historically a very hard league to get out of. With players departing but with still a great squad on paper, I just thought we would all enjoy football more every week just being competitive. It is clear the board are determined that the club will be back in the ‘cherished land’ next season but I feel they have forgotten the people who made this club great and when this doesn’t go as planned will leave us in a very precarious position. Anything is possible but only if everybody is facing in the same direction!

Tbh we really are a league 1 team in terms of facilities and the support we get which nothing to be ashamed of. We have punched well above our weight recently and it’s been fun.
I agree with this except the last 18 months hasn't been fun at all. It's not the results, it's the lack of entertainment. I'd happily settle for midtable if there was half as much effort and enjoyment as last time we were in this division

This is getting worse than the constant batterings we had in the EPL. We will finish outside the play-offs for sure now. This season is a busted flush for us.

Next season? Relegation?

This is getting worse than the constant batterings we had in the EPL. We will finish outside the play-offs for sure now. This season is a busted flush for us.

Next season? Relegation?

I also think we will not get promoted and that may cause a huge sale of players at the end of the season and a possible descend down the leagues. Hope I’m wrong

It will be inimitable that players such as Brooks move on as they are obviously more deserving than a club that has helped put them on the map.
As a club I guess we will always be a feeder team but those transfers will keep our heads above water.
The club needs to believe in an academy and back it financially. Burchall leaving shows our lack of belief that we can produce our own and that is shameful.

Tbh we really are a league 1 team in terms of facilities and the support we get which nothing to be ashamed of. We have punched well above our weight recently and it’s been fun.

How many League 1 clubs have underground heating and an immaculate pitch year round?

How many League 1 clubs have underground heating and an immaculate pitch year round?
Off track a bit .......but watching highlights on Quest last night...the pitches on most league 1 and 2 grounds had to be seen to be believed, more mud than grass....not seen pitches like that since Duck lane .

How many league one clubs have grounds far bigger and better than ours?

Oldcherrygit, you can post on here as much as you want after that initial post :clap:

Obviously fans will go back at some point, but at the moment that's largely irrelvant. At least we can play our games rather than them being postponed because it rained for a few days.

How many league one clubs have grounds far bigger and better than ours?

Oldcherrygit, you can post on here as much as you want after that initial post :clap:
Thank you I will ,I have through family and my own work have had a association right up to a Eddie Michell took over which is over 60 years , I do firmly believe that the support is there for the club and we could have ( when allowed ) gates of about 20000 ,it is not just the cost of a ticket it is all the other ways of making money , car park, programmes refreshments and shop sales every penny counts .
When we where in the PL a lot of life long supporters and new ones could not get to see a match ,and i think that was Eddie Howe dream to have a bigger ground and training ground none of which has happened ,shame as there is a lot of young people who never got the chance to see there home team which is the future of the club .

;