Pete Shelley RIP

1977 Woolwich. Buzzcocks, Penetration and (I think) Cooper-Clarke. Got my copy of Spiral Scratch in Kingston market for 20p. The stall that had all the bootleg albums under the table.

I had the privilege of spending a couple of days with Pete while touring. A nicer guy you could not hope to meet.

My poster signed by Pete and Steve Diggle may have just increased in value a little.

Another Music In A Different Kitchen, Love Bites, Singles Going Steady, three classic albums. Not many bands achieve that.

Very sad, saw them quite a few times in recent times not so much so back in the day, always seemed to miss them. Will always remember his roll of the eyes everytime Diggle started playing the rock god!

One of the greatest bands ever. However, to say they were punk is wide of the mark. They were far too good for that. When I saw them at the Winter Gardens, Pete Shelley kept asking the morons at the front to stop gobbing at him. Spitting at bands had stopped in most of the country months ago. They refused. His parting shot was to spit at the crowd and refuse to do an encore.

;