Petrol concern re Luton game…Sheffield update?

I have about half a tank and won't be looking for any fuel until next w/end. I have enough to take me through till after the Sheff game, so thats the priority sorted.
I came back from my elderly fathers place in Ferndown about 10 p.m. last night after helping him out with a few things and they were still queuing for fuel at Tesco's !!! The Hill Top garage on the Wimborne Rd was still open and just had a couple of cars in.
Sat morning they were queuing outside the Hayes Lane garage at 6-30 in the morning waiting for them to open at 7. Mad.

This panic buying is conclusive proof the British public are too thick and selfish to be trusted with the truth any more.

Sad, but not really surprising. Anyone going to admit to buying fuel they don't need, or is it all "someone else's fault"??

Funnily when they were interviewing people in the queues they were complaining about people putting small amounts in (topping up) and panic buying.

This panic buying is conclusive proof the British public are too thick and selfish to be trusted with the truth any more.

Sad, but not really surprising. Anyone going to admit to buying fuel they don't need, or is it all "someone else's fault"??
It'll be my fault soon, if I can find a garage with any deisel left!

It'll be my fault soon, if I can find a garage with any deisel left!
Don't know how close you are to a motorway service Rob but they are being prioritised - of course you will need a mortgage to buy your fuel there ! Good luck. Seems to be plenty of diesel round here, not that that is much help to you.

I filled a petrol can up last night as my lawnmower is empty. Decided to top my car up as I was there. Spent £15 in total.
I felt I needed fuel, others might feel differently.

Don't know how close you are to a motorway service Rob but they are being prioritised - of course you will need a mortgage to buy your fuel there ! Good luck. Seems to be plenty of diesel round here, not that that is much help to you.

Driving back to London after the match yesterday, almost every motorway services was out of fuel. I think that Winchester may have had some but there was no fuel at Rownhams, Fleet, Cobham or Clackett Lane. There were queues at the couple of petrol stations on the A31 going through the forest, suggesting they had some.

Rownhams was HGV only yesterday. Hopefully I'll get some before Friday when we are away for the weekend.

As an exile, keen to know if petrol situation calmed down a bit in Bournemouth? Still bad in my part of London.

As an exile, keen to know if petrol situation calmed down a bit in Bournemouth? Still bad in my part of London.
Can't really say for Bournemouth but the Wimborne, Ferndown, West Moors area seems to have plenty. I think we do have quite a few petrol stations per population density which helps but certainly no issues here. There was a bit of a shortage a few days back but seems to have eased right off.

I followed a tanker off the Spur Road to Fairmile earlier, don't know where it was heading but nobody other than me turned off so it migh tbe taking a queue with it!

I've got nearly 60 miles left and made it home, so not bothering to try to get petrol yet.

Can't really say for Bournemouth but the Wimborne, Ferndown, West Moors area seems to have plenty. I think we do have quite a few petrol stations per population density which helps but certainly no issues here. There was a bit of a shortage a few days back but seems to have eased right off.

Thanks for the update. Gives me a bit of confidence re getting back home! There are a lot of petrol stations in Bmth area - in London many have been converted into flats so in some places not that many given the number of cars.

Yesterday there were maybe 4 cars queuing at the one by bear cross. 7 or 8 holdenhurst road.

Thanks for the update. Gives me a bit of confidence re getting back home! There are a lot of petrol stations in Bmth area - in London many have been converted into flats so in some places not that many given the number of cars.
Every station we went past back from Peterborough was open, on the Northampton, Oxford route. Would have thought it should be no issue on Saturday down in Dorest either

both wimborne stations are out again

;