Philip

Yeah exactly.

Assume Billing is one of highest earners too?

Not sure we can afford to have thst, given ffp. Top money should be spent on key players, integral to how we play.

Which under AI system, it doesn't appear he is/will be.

I'd love to keep him as impact sub, quality backup player. But due to ffp, sadly not sure we can afford that luxury?
Don’t disagree but does beg the question do we only have AI for one more season vs billing for 3 more. Thus, need to be careful how we prune the squad.

Agree, he just doesn’t fit. Doesn’t offer what the likes of Cook, Christie or Scott offer in a deeper role.

Doesn’t offer what Kluivert offers in the 10 role, with Tavernier, Semenyo, Sinisterra as options around him.

Billing will have a chance to fit in with Semenyo unavailable. But it’ll be Sinisterra who gets to start more in his absence I think.
He doesn't seem to fit in the starting line up. He's a great option to bring on though. He's got goals in him.

Potentially off to Newcastle as per reports in France…

He doesn't seem to fit in the starting line up. He's a great option to bring on though. He's got goals in him.
Too good to be sat on the bench. I personally prefer him to Kluivert as number 10. Kluivert is the highest earner, so understand why we would want to use him, but I think Billing needs to play. If we're not going to start him, definitely let him go to Newcastle and play.

Now I’ve only done this quickly on my phone so easily could have made the odd mistake, but, whatever way you look at it, whether performances or results are your metric, we’ve looked better with Kluivert starting overall than Billing. Many of these include Billing and Kluivert starting…

Billing 9 points from 11 starts.

Kluivert 17 points from 12 starts.

If you go from the Newcastle game when Billing was ill and Kluivert took the number 10 role, it’s 16 points from 8 starts.

Now I’ve only done this quickly on my phone so easily could have made the odd mistake, but, whatever way you look at it, whether performances or results are your metric, we’ve looked better with Kluivert starting overall than Billing. Many of these include Billing and Kluivert starting…

Billing 9 points from 11 starts.

Kluivert 17 points from 12 starts.

If you go from the Newcastle game when Billing was ill and Kluivert took the number 10 role, it’s 16 points from 8 starts.

Something tells me that Iraola doesn't look at the wages of players to help him decide who to play.

Too good to be sat on the bench. I personally prefer him to Kluivert as number 10. Kluivert is the highest earner, so understand why we would want to use him, but I think Billing needs to play. If we're not going to start him, definitely let him go to Newcastle and play.
No, no and thrice no! I like Phil Bill and always wish him the best, but much keener on keeping our firepower whether on the field or on the bench.

Considering his age and injury record,that’s a bit high.

Feels little like a decent, but old and riddled with issues, high performance car being sold above market rate.

Maybe

Would likely be spot on kind of player for us IMO. Workrate, physical, knows where net is. But I'd be reluctant to see us splash out more than a few million, due to fitness/injury risks

Last edited:
I'm glad I don't have to pick the starting line up. There's 7/8 midfielders I wouldn't want to leave out.
I know....who would have thought with all the fanfare of the Adams signing that he probably wouldn't get into our best starting 11.....and if anyone had suggested that Ryan Christie would be the one to keep him out they would've got laughed at.

I know....who would have thought with all the fanfare of the Adams signing that he probably wouldn't get into our best starting 11.....and if anyone had suggested that Ryan Christie would be the one to keep him out they would've got laughed at.

Plenty of competition for sure. But I think Adams will become a first choice tbh once up to fitness. He's a superb player.

;