Philip

Ritchie has literally played LWB for Newcastle for over 3 seasons. Got 8 assists in the 18/19 season.

Nonsense, he's played LWB on the odd occasion, he can't even get in the team for a start this season as they signed Jamal Lewis as LB in Summer whose played most their games. Against the big teams they may go 5 at the back with him or Dummet. His assists in 18/19 season were not only 2 years ago but nearly all from corners when he was playing LB or LWB.

Oi Vlad..
All sports get faster as time moves on.!!!

And how can the competition get harder. ..
Everyone has wanted to win games and titles since the 1860s...otherwise they wouldn't bother going on a field !

Oi Vlad..
All sports get faster as time moves on.!!!

And how can the competition get harder. ..
Everyone has wanted to win games and titles since the 1860s...otherwise they wouldn't bother going on a field !

If you can't see the manifestation of football these last 20 years then I fear for you Brian, and I don't really like the way it's going with all the politics involved.

Nonsense, he's played LWB on the odd occasion, he can't even get in the team for a start this season as they signed Jamal Lewis as LB in Summer whose played most their games. Against the big teams they may go 5 at the back with him or Dummet. His assists in 18/19 season were not only 2 years ago but nearly all from corners when he was playing LB or LWB.
Well, we haven't got anyone who can cross the ball...

Did we really play 4 at the back that many times? Hard to remember, we did at Luton I think and Smith was LB

Ritchie and Pugh were never WB's though despite your judgement

What have you been watching :grinning: ?.....Kelly has played as a LB in most of the games that we played a 4 and as a WB when we play a 3! ......he's the tall bloke plodding up the wing before stopping turning around and passing back to Steve Cook.

I didn't pass any judgement as to whether Richie was a WB or not........i merely inquired why you thought a lack of pace would impede him more so as a WB than as a winger.

What have you been watching :grinning: ?.....Kelly has played as a LB in most of the games that we played a 4 and as a WB when we play a 3! ......he's the tall bloke plodding up the wing before stopping turning around and passing back to Steve Cook.

I didn't pass any judgement as to whether Richie was a WB or not........i merely inquired why you thought a lack of pace would impede him more so as a WB than as a winger.

Whenever I've watched us this season he always looks like he's playing CB, last night included. He hasn't played well this season but that's just from what I've seen.

Whenever I've watched us this season he always looks like he's playing CB, last night included. He hasn't played well this season but that's just from what I've seen.
Alright so you've watched the games he's started as a CB and just happened to miss all the games he's started as a LB.....thats a shame...because if you'd seen those games you would have agreed with Waz........he's been worse than shite!

Alright so you've watched the games he's started as a CB and just happened to miss all the games he's started as a LB.....thats a shame...because if you'd seen those games you would have agreed with Waz........he's been worse than shite!

I agree he's shite as a CB but I haven't properly been able to judge him as a shite LB

The problem is with all of those players being rotated around various positions, is that they don't know whether they are coming or going.

Kelly, Rico, Smith, even Stacey have all played in both a 4 at CB or LB or in a 5 at LWB, LCB or CB. It is harsh on Kelly tbf, when he hasn't been allowed to establish a position yet. For me, he is a LCB and nothing else.

Rico for me suits the PL style more than the Championship, but can only play as a LB in a 4 not a LWB in a 5. Although, I think it is one of the American lads who I agree with that say that he would be good as a CB.

I'll tell you what's disgusting, being a ST holder and only watching 7 whole games this season on TV because I'm not phucking paying £10 to watch something I've already bought.

The problem is with all of those players being rotated around various positions, is that they don't know whether they are coming or going.

Kelly, Rico, Smith, even Stacey have all played in both a 4 at CB or LB or in a 5 at LWB, LCB or CB. It is harsh on Kelly tbf, when he hasn't been allowed to establish a position yet. For me, he is a LCB and nothing else.

Rico for me suits the PL style more than the Championship, but can only play as a LB in a 4 not a LWB in a 5. Although, I think it is one of the American lads who I agree with that say that he would be good as a CB.
Rico is the best option we have as a LCB he's been absolutely faultless there......different class to Kelly.......neither of them should be allowed near the LB/WB positions.

Rico is the best option we have as a LCB he's been absolutely faultless there......different class to Kelly.......neither of them should be allowed near the LB/WB positions.
That was only in a three though. It would be interesting to see him play with only one centre back partner.

Agreed, remember when we used to try and play Ake at left back? Same result. Play the best players in their best positions and only play them out of position if they are genuinely better than our dedicated options or we have injuries.

Agreed, remember when we used to try and play Ake at left back? Same result. Play the best players in their best positions and only play them out of position if they are genuinely better than our dedicated options or we have injuries.
It doesn't just have an impact on that position... It means the Left Winger has to come deep because the Left Back cannot pass to the required standard. This allows the opposition Right Back the freedom to push up the pitch causing our Left back to pass it backwards to our Centre Back. Which is what we see far too often, Kelly or Rico slowly jogging up the pitch, before dragging the ball back and passing it to Cook... Rico often has the option to play a ball into the channels but recently for some reason he has opted out of it. (maybe because of Danjuma being injured).

;