Philip

When given time and space to operate in he can look very classy. Make things a little bit difficult for him and he can easily go missing.

When Billing is on it and we lay high press, he is incredible. He is a huge figure closing defenders down at pace, they can't live with his physicality. He also links very well with JZ, JA and Dom diddy.

Parker won't want to make a change form that starting 11 against Huddies. The team clicked. I hope Phil Bill and Anthony get 10 goals this season and Dom gets 30.

Nearly got on the pitch last night, Denmark vs Holland,
just about to come on as sub with 7 mins to go for a player with a head injury, then they realised they had already used their allowance of permitted subs, so he had to sit down again and Denmark played on with 10 men.

When Billing is on it and we lay high press, he is incredible. He is a huge figure closing defenders down at pace, they can't live with his physicality. He also links very well with JZ, JA and Dom diddy.

Parker won't want to make a change form that starting 11 against Huddies. The team clicked. I hope Phil Bill and Anthony get 10 goals this season and Dom gets 30.

The bonus of Lerma is he makes some really intelligent runs forward and can defend well too. The only issue is the referees perceptions of him. Catwell is great going forward, work to be done on his defence. I think play Cantwell and Billing against wesker teams and both Cook and Lerma with Billing against tougher opponants.

The bonus of Lerma is he makes some really intelligent runs forward and can defend well too. The only issue is the referees perceptions of him. Catwell is great going forward, work to be done on his defence. I think play Cantwell and Billing against wesker teams and both Cook and Lerma with Billing against tougher opponants.
Not sure I get all the Cantwell hype so far tbh. Looks like a decent Championship player but doesn’t really offer a lot that Marcondes doesn’t from what I can see.

Not sure I get all the Cantwell hype so far tbh. Looks like a decent Championship player but doesn’t really offer a lot that Marcondes doesn’t from what I can see.

Actually, Marcondes has offered goals. I think Cantwell has the ability to dribble and has great intelligence in terms of little one-twos. We've seen some great movement between him and Christie. There is more to come from Cantwell too I'm sure. Shearer didn't say "He's going to be a top six player" for nothing. If we go up, we might be better playing him on the left if we can buy him. He needs to strengthen defensively, though.

Actually, Marcondes has offered goals. I think Cantwell has the ability to dribble and has great intelligence in terms of little one-twos. We've seen some great movement between him and Christie. There is more to come from Cantwell too I'm sure. Shearer didn't say "He's going to be a top six player" for nothing. If we go up, we might be better playing him on the left if we can buy him. He needs to strengthen defensively, though.
I think Marcondes offers those attributes too though tbh. His ability to spot a pass got us the wins vs Blackpool and Stoke. I think Emiliano has been incredibly hard done by in all honesty not to get more minutes.

Im not saying Cantwell is a bad player by any stretch, seems like a perfectly decent one at this level. But so is Marcondes.

Talk of him being rated at 40m at one point just goes to show how utterly ludicrous the transfer market has become. I wouldn’t even pay 10m for him, maybe 5 at a push. I think for 10 we could certainly get better value.

Wouldn’t take any notice of Shearer. He only watches the big six and Newcastle, any comments relating to anybody else are just pie in the sky stuff.

I think Marcondes offers those attributes too though tbh. His ability to spot a pass got us the wins vs Blackpool and Stoke. I think Emiliano has been incredibly hard done by in all honesty not to get more minutes.

Im not saying Cantwell is a bad player by any stretch, seems like a perfectly decent one at this level. But so is Marcondes.

Talk of him being rated at 40m at one point just goes to show how utterly ludicrous the transfer market has become. I wouldn’t even pay 10m for him, maybe 5 at a push. I think for 10 we could certainly get better value.

Wouldn’t take any notice of Shearer. He only watches the big six and Newcastle, any comments relating to anybody else are just pie in the sky stuff.

At the time, as I recall, Cantwell was doing really well. Norwich probably should have cashed in then. I like Emi too. He's always a goal threat. I think Cantwell has more on the ball skill, though.

I thought he once was a committed striker that took some of the heat off Dom. Now, he constantly seems to be short-tempered, unfocussed, and non-committed. Does he just want out? It's such a shame.

I thought he once was a committed striker that took some of the heat off Dom. Now, he constantly seems to be short-tempered, unfocussed, and non-committed. Does he just want out? It's such a shame.

Tbf he was a big part of two really good team performances that got us six points.

He’s never been a striker.

He’s looked very good recently, even last night in flashes (like all our players this season), if the highlights are anything to go by. Lovely ball to create a chance for Zemura.

He seem s to divide opinion amongst fans. But even when he's at his most frustrating I think it's noticeable how much we miss him when he doesn't play.

It was clear he hasn't on top form last night, WBA crowded him out totally, and in a sometimes more aerial game he won nothing.

But often when I think 'ah ffs he's doing nothing today' he often pops up with a moment of something. And last night that moment was probably the ball to put Zemura in on goal. Came from nowhere, magic and unfortunately the chance was missed. But thats why he's on the pitch. On the whole Phil Bill wasn't at the races its true.

He’s a luxury player, a ‘moments’ player if you like. He will always contribute in sporadic moments but often long spells of the game will just pass him by. Not sure he will ever make it on the PL to be honest, I don’t think he’s reliable enough.

It was clear he hasn't on top form last night, WBA crowded him out totally, and in a sometimes more aerial game he won nothing.

But often when I think 'ah ffs he's doing nothing today' he often pops up with a moment of something. And last night that moment was probably the ball to put Zemura in on goal. Came from nowhere, magic and unfortunately the chance was missed. But thats why he's on the pitch. On the whole Phil Bill wasn't at the races its true.

It's hard to judge the role as well because it's a combination of these little bits of magic but also the disruption it causes the opposition.

It's virtually impossible for the casual observer to tell how much influence he had in disrupting WBA's organisation but that we created enough chances to win the game makes me think he didn't have a terrible game. I could imagine West Brom being the type of team that could and would easily hold a 1-0 scoreline for an hour against most teams in this league.

It's hard to judge the role as well because it's a combination of these little bits of magic but also the disruption it causes the opposition.

It's virtually impossible for the casual observer to tell how much influence he had in disrupting WBA's organisation but that we created enough chances to win the game makes me think he didn't have a terrible game. I could imagine West Brom being the type of team that could and would easily hold a 1-0 scoreline for an hour against most teams in this league.
Like they did against Fulham, The West Brom defeat is similar to loads of defeats since I started watching the cherries. We (Since Freddie Cox) have struggled against physical teams, Personally I doubt whether Cahill would have been better than Phillips in this game. But we will never know

;