PL grounds to miss

oldcherry

New Signing
Relegation on the basis of match day? Not looking forward to the awful Olympic experience today and I'd also be happy to relegate Brighton because of the location and logistics and Palace as you can barely see the match. Likewise my next reserve is Newcastle as it's like subbuteo view. Most of the other grounds are okish, but Emirates lower cell is dross and they are not likely to go down.

Aren't clubs supposed to give away fans pitch side seats from next season. This would improve the Newcastle situation.
Would certainly shed no tears at losing West Ham and Brighton though.
Don't like Man City either but I suppose they are safe already !! :hihi:

I can live without the Emirates, Etiad, Old Trafford etc.

I'll miss Huddersfield and Swansea next season when they go down.

I'll take a rubbish ground with proper fans over a Big ground and plastic fans any day of the week.

Ken Baileys Ghost - 20/1/2018 11:42

I'll take a rubbish ground with proper fans over a Big ground and plastic fans any day of the week.

As the coach passes Griffin Park right now, I can only agree.

Best home atmosphere thus far in the Premier League for me was Boro away, most of the others are stale and manufactured atmospheres, probably City and Arsenal being the worst so far IMO.

redharry - 20/1/2018 13:35

Aren't clubs supposed to give away fans pitch side seats from next season. This would improve the Newcastle situation.

It was this season, but Newcastle got an extension due to not having enough time after promotion to build in segregation elsewhere in the ground. Next season if in the PL, away fans will be pitch side.

redharry - 20/1/2018 10:35

They are and I hate it. Much prefer being high up than pitch side. I’ve been pitch side at Arsenal and Everton and it’s the worst view I’ve ever had at a football match. You get no perspective on the pitch at all. I suspect the lower shed at Chelsea will be the same - my reward for having max away points and buying early.

Tinpot Club - 20/1/2018 11:31

They are and I hate it. Much prefer being high up than pitch side. I’ve been pitch side at Arsenal and Everton and it’s the worst view I’ve ever had at a football match. You get no perspective on the pitch at all. I suspect the lower shed at Chelsea will be the same - my reward for having max away points and buying early.

I don't like being that low down either, Newcastle goes completely the opposite and you lose perspective because you are too high. that Cook header in the last minute I had no idea if it was going in or ten yards over the bar.
Everton was a good view higher up. West Ham for me was the worst, low down, away from the pitch, no atmosphere.

Tinpot Club - 20/1/2018 14:31

Completely agree. When you are low down behind a goal you get no depth perspective and don't know how far out players are.

Likewise everybody moaning about City probably wasn't in the second tier and was either too high or too low. Last season the City fans were loud as they smashed us 4-0. We have been quiet as mice at home games when beating teams comfortably, they were certainly more noisy than we would be but still get slagged off for some reason.

It really shouldn’t be too difficult for clubs to give fans a choice of where they sit. At some away grounds we can do this. But at Chelsea and Huddersfield they were simply selling tickets from the front first

Grounds to miss ? Well now.....The bloody ' Vicalamity Stadium' for an effing kick- off -embarrassment when you compare it with, for example Port Vale! We've been in PL almost 3 seasons - a club like Wrexham or Salisbury or Walsall in the same position as us at the end of 14-15 would have upgraded in that summer with all that new Mazuma at their disposal- at the very least filled the bloody corners in!!!Don't go feeding me with that crap about Health and Safety and Councils and Squirrels and I and others don't want a bloody Academy or Training Ground - Saints have that and yeah F#####Wump and other monkeys end up at Scousalona -- we want extra capacity NOW! At least at Newcastles brilliant Stadium you can fit 50,000 locals in - who the f### are jumped up we Afcb fans to criticise that!

BillMcgarrycherry - 20/1/2018 17:43

Grounds to miss ? Well now.....The bloody ' Vicalamity Stadium' for an effing kick- off -embarrassment when you compare it with, for example Port Vale! We've been in PL almost 3 seasons - a club like Wrexham or Salisbury or Walsall in the same position as us at the end of 14-15 would have upgraded in that summer with all that new Mazuma at their disposal- at the very least filled the bloody corners in!!!Don't go feeding me with that crap about Health and Safety and Councils and Squirrels and I and others don't want a bloody Academy or Training Ground - Saints have that and yeah F#####Wump and other monkeys end up at Scousalona -- we want extra capacity NOW! At least at Newcastles brilliant Stadium you can fit 50,000 locals in - who the f### are jumped up we Afcb fans to criticise that!

50,000 Bournemouth locals in a football stadium?

What are you anticipating, the UKIP Party Conference?

BillMcgarrycherry - 20/1/2018 17:43

:106:

No - why can't we aspire to being like Barcelona one day? Why not - in these days when technology and culture change so rapidly! Why should it always be Liverpool/Manchester and London having all the glamour. We can attract people from Dorset, Hants, Wilts, Devon and Somerset. If we think small we stay tinpot. Look how Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole has grown since my birth year 1950! Remember what Jimmy Hill did for Coventry and what happens when big thinkers like him are no longer around!

ErikthViking - 20/1/2018 10:51

Ken Baileys Ghost - 20/1/2018 11:42

As the coach passes Griffin Park right now, I can only agree.

.....and when Griffin Park goes, I cant see the four corner pubs surviving.
I once went to view a one bed house in Brentford. The estate agent took me down an alleyway which led to a lovely looking cottage type house. It was lovely inside too....the only problem was a huge wall a few feet away and the floodlight pylon in its small garden!

While it would have saved them a bunch of money, I have no doubt their new stadium will be infinitely better for watching football matches in than the Olympic Stadium.

Spurs were going to knock it down and build a 60,000 capacity purpose built football stadium there instead, at the same time funding a revamp of the athletics track at Crystal Palace to create a 25,000 venue for the athletics legacy of the Olympics.

Instead Boris Johnson got into bed with the Dildo Brothers creating the grotesque love child of a ground we played in yesterday.

Have to say in support of the venue that the public transport links are very good. Went via the DLR from Greenwich to Pudding Mill and it was quick, reasonably comfortable and not overcrowded.

;