Play offs

Been looking at one or two other forums of teams who could be in the play-offs and basically they would rather player Nottingham Forest than us if that had been the case.

Confidence seems to have ebbed away from Forest fans on their forum, not surprising given their form against the top sides. Makes you wonder what planet Waz was living on all season....

I worry because of the 8 league games home & away against Huddersfield, Luton, Sheff Utd and Boro (realistically the ones more likely to comprise our playoff rivals) we don't have a great record this season -
P8 W1 D3 L4
Factor in the 4 games including Fulham and Bournemouth and it's -

P12 W2 D3 L7
We've only lost 10 games all season, and 7 of them were to teams in this mix of playoff and auto rivals.
I know it's the playoffs and we're due a bit of luck, but I don't think we should be over-estimating the competition. Sorry to be feeling so pessimistic.

If someone had posted his before kick off I would have felt a bit more confident!

Luton or Forest

Luton - just 30 mins bus ride away and imagine the Watford meltdown...
Forest - Great city, mates there, lived there for a couple of years

I think both might struggle in the play offs though. Forest need Davis fit, Luton have loads of injuries

Confidence seems to have ebbed away from Forest fans on their forum, not surprising given their form against the top sides. Makes you wonder what planet Waz was living on all season....

I worry because of the 8 league games home & away against Huddersfield, Luton, Sheff Utd and Boro (realistically the ones more likely to comprise our playoff rivals) we don't have a great record this season -
P8 W1 D3 L4
Factor in the 4 games including Fulham and Bournemouth and it's -

P12 W2 D3 L7
We've only lost 10 games all season, and 7 of them were to teams in this mix of playoff and auto rivals.
I know it's the playoffs and we're due a bit of luck, but I don't think we should be over-estimating the competition. Sorry to be feeling so pessimistic.
This was why I could never jump on that Forest are wonderful bandwagon that some loved. They faltered regularly against the better sides, whereas when we played the better sides we usually did well. Against the current top 7 our record is
P13. W6 D5 L2. Also the double over QPR and recent big wins at Blackburn and Coventry. We struggled against the park the bus lower sides - Hull, P'boro etc.

Huddersfield for me...or M'boro.....but Millwall has the attraction of a dust - up with West Ham...with us and just about everyone else.

I might be in a minority here but I actually hope Forest don't win the playoffs . Having had nothing but a Forest media love in thrust down my ears for the last few days I've heard enough of them. They were the team the media wanted to win. They were the headline act and we barely got a mention.
C'mon Huddersfield. Win the playoffs and give the PL and the media something else to whinge about
I'm rooting for Huddersfield! Have done 3 away days there in the past and made some friends from there, they always message and hope we do well and even when we beat them always say we'll done . Look forward to another away day there !!.

I'm rooting for Huddersfield! Have done 3 away days there in the past and made some friends from there, they always message and hope we do well and even when we beat them always say we'll done . Look forward to another away day there !!.

Exactly. It is a great place to go.

After their billy big club bollox about the postponement and build up to last nights match I hope Luton do Forest in the Play Offs.
This to a tee. Forests behaviour after the postponement was incredibly childish and unprofessional. Both club and supporters. Accusing a fellow professional football club of purposefully and underhandedly cancelling a football match because a supposed injury crisis meant we were worried about playing them and then for them to regurgitate all that cr@p before the match to the media. Wow...what a bitter bunch they are from the top to the terraces. I've got everything crossed that karma continues into the playoffs and they don't even make the PO final.

Sorry but that is wrong - they were in from it's start until relegated in 1997 and then back for one season in 98/99.

Would love Luton to make it just so that there are three "small" clubs up there - them, us and Brentford. Unfortunately don't think they will make it though.
Cant be arsed to check, but I remember Forest beating Spurs maybe 1-0 in what I think was the first Super Sunday, which in turn I think was the first PL season.

Last edited:
I agree with DJ re Luton on injuries, which without, I think would have been right up there.

HTFC I feel, I have tended to ignore because we blew them away so easily on both occasions.

However they have been consistent, especially in the run-in, they have been on Sky loads it seems, so have seen plenty of them, and they are tidy and efficient.

I don't want Sheff Utd or Boro, both long trips, and sides who will pick up home points in the PL.

Forest have momentum, and nothing against them generally.

I'll stick my neck out, and say Huddersfield to nick it.

anyone but forest for me. I enjoyed neil weedons comment on what he thought about the forest fans acting "all liverpool" when their fans gathered to send the team coach off to bormuff. "anyone who gets over excited about a coach leaving has their priorities all wrong".

Luton for me.
I just want to see all these billy big ******************************** premier league fans losing their 5hit over two tinpots in the same league.

Plus we have history together

Plus their ground

Plus it is closer to home for most Man utd fans.

do you think notts forest fans will bother giving the team bus another cringey send off for the play off matches?
didn't work out too well for them the other day, did it? :grinning:

;