Player and management post-match conduct

Kerási

New Signing
Having been a vocal part of a Bournemouth support which outsang 40,000+ leads fans for 80+% of today’s game, and who stayed behind after the game to applaud the players off the pitch, I’m a little bit pissed off that not a single Bournemouth player or member of the coaching staff came over to us at the end of the game to thank us for our support.

And this got me thinking… when players come over to applaud the fans after a win, they are not coming to applaud the fans at all are they? They come over when we win TO BE APPLAUDED. When we really need the players and staff to come over is when we’ve sung ourselves hoarse, but come away with nothing. Lads, if you come over then, it really looks as though you are coming out of respect for the fans rather than to get your egos massaged.

Anyone at St James’s park for the draw a few weeks back will have noted that Eddie took his team round the entire ground despite the fact that ‘the greatest fans in the world’ were booing them off the pitch. That’s respecting the fans. My God do I miss him.

I find this clapping the fans thing all a bit weird. I’m old enough to remember when it was the other way round and the fans clapped the players off the pitch. Do rock bands clap the audience at the end of the set, do theatre actors clap, does the conductor of the orchestra? Just whose ego is actually being massaged here?

I find this clapping the fans thing all a bit weird. I’m old enough to remember when it was the other way round and the fans clapped the players off the pitch. Do rock bands clap the audience at the end of the set, do theatre actors clap, does the conductor of the orchestra? Just whose ego is actually being massaged here?

Then you do it or you don’t. You don’t just do it so you can bask in the glory. You don’t come over for 5 minutes to appreciate the fans when you win, then slope of as quick as possible when you don’t. Make your choice and stick to it.

What does it matter? What harm does it do? Make a bit of effort and get supported by thousands to do what you get paid very handsomely for. Support that apparently can aid your own performance and thus earn you further achievements and more money.

Seems daft not to try and build a rapport with your supporters.

Easily... the Best post of the day Stan ! ( even eclipsing mine !)

Brians.

As your post only just eclipsed his.

It wasn’t like they had to make much effort as we were by the tunnel. I thought it was poor. I thought it was very telling as well that when the fourth goal went in three players were stood with their arms out stretched to the bench. I assume they were saying why didn’t you change things.

This is completely disanalogous by the way. Footballers and managers are constantly exhorting fans to be the 12th man and give vociferous support to the team as this can make the difference in games. I don’t recall any thespian ever asserting that they delivered their lines better because of the vociferous support of the audience.

Given that I applaud the team off win, lose or draw but (post-Eddie) the team are increasingly prone to only come over to the fans when they win, I think it’s actually pretty damn clear whose egos are being massaged.

This is completely disanalogous by the way. Footballers and managers are constantly exhorting fans to be the 12th man and give vociferous support to the team as this can make the difference in games. I don’t recall any thespian ever asserting that they delivered their lines better because of the vociferous support of the audience.

Given that I applaud the team off win, lose or draw but (post-Eddie) the team are increasingly prone to only come over to the fans when they win, I think it’s actually pretty damn clear whose egos are being massaged.
If it’s not ego, why are you taking it so personally.

If it’s not ego, why are you taking it so personally.[[/QUOTE
Okay, just so I’m clear: players come over when they win but not when they lose but that’s NOT about their egos. On the other hand, I POINT OUT that they come over when they win but not when they lose and that IS about ego (mine)? LMAO

Just seen MOTD.. some our play was stunning... superb. ..sublime...
...but as soon as we drop a goal to a Big club ( and just about All are bigger and if we drop down two leagues Port Vale will be bigger !)...the heads drop down and another dropped goal figures in quick time.
A brief flurry saw Stacey almost sneak it at 3-3...but generally from 2-3 we were scared of their noisy crowd ..we froze.. many that same crowd were booing Leeds a while before.
Dropped the Baton... that's how I'll remember this game

Last edited:
Stacey should have put it to bed when he first came on.

Moore also had a glorious chance.

Leeds scored with their only few attacks of the game.

Travers was woeful for their third.

Was an entertaining game though, would rather lose 4-3 than watch a 0-0.

Must be soul destroying for the players when we throw games away.

Okay, just so I’m clear: players come over when they win but not when they lose but that’s NOT about their egos. On the other hand, I POINT OUT that they come over when they win but not when they lose and that IS about ego (mine)? LMAO
Having been a vocal part of a Bournemouth support which outsang 40,000+ leads fans for 80+% of today’s game, and who stayed behind after the game to applaud the players off the pitch, I’m a little bit pissed off that not a single Bournemouth player or member of the coaching staff came over to us at the end of the game to thank us for our support.

not about your ego at all.

Correct

Players come over for applause when they win but not when they lose.

Not about their egos at all

;